Convert MS Word table rows to Evernote notes

ThetaIsMoney

I have several large MS Word documents that I had been using as trading journals.  Each document consists of a single table.  Each row in the table consists of a note.  Each note contains text which may be formatted and may contain images.

I would like to convert each row to an Evernote note (including both text and images).

I have in mind to do this with a VBA macro.  After having placed a row in the Windows clipboard, I can create a new note with the following:

Call Shell(strEvernoteExe & _
                " /Task:PasteClipboard ", 1)

How do I specify the note title?  The creation date (from the original note)? Tag?

Any advice will be appreciated.

ThetalsMoney - I am not familiar with the "Call Shell" command, so I can't comment on that.

If you are going to copy each row in the Word documents to the Windows clipboard, why don't you try copying each one to its own Evernote Note and see if that gets you acceptable results?

Or, how about leaving the information in the Word documents and make each one an attachment to an Evernote Note? Would that work for you?

• Level 5*

I have several large MS Word documents that I had been using as trading journals.  Each document consists of a single table.  Each row in the table consists of a note.  Each note contains text which may be formatted and may contain images.

I would like to convert each row to an Evernote note (including both text and images).

I have in mind to do this with a VBA macro.  After having placed a row in the Windows clipboard, I can create a new note with the following:

Call Shell(strEvernoteExe & _
                " /Task:PasteClipboard ", 1)

How do I specify the note title?  The creation date (from the original note)? Tag?

Any advice will be appreciated.

You might be better off using ENScript.exe.

For syntax of command line Evernote.exe and ENScript.exe, see:

https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php

Thanks for your ideas, Analyst444.  "Run Shell" essentially simulates the Windows command line in VBA.  Copying each note individually works.  However, I have hundreds of notes and I'm trying to automate the copy process.  I want to abandon the Word document due to performance issues related to size (5-10 MB per month) and searchability.

Thanks for your ideas, too, JMichael.  I have tried ENScript.exe.  It is fine for text but I don't see how to add an image to the parameters.  

Archived