Link EN Business to EN Personal

I have what is hopefully a quick question for anyone that has done this. Unfortunately I cannot find the answer online and I have been working with Evernote Support for two days:

All I want to know is how do I link my pre-existing Premium account with my Pre-existing Business account????

Gazumped, thanks for the quick reply! I did set that up, but that doesn't actually link them it just allows you to switch back and forth. I was under the impression that the accounts can be linked so that you can view both at the same time and move notes between them. Is this not the case?

When you sign up or join an Evernote Business account you have the options to join the Business with your existing Evernote account. The Business account is essentially a 'holding vehicle' for a number of Evernote accounts that can join or depart it (plus that the data is 'owned ' by the Business entity...)

It sounds like you opted to create a new account at the time you joined or signed up for Evernote Business and there is at the moment no easy way to merge them. 

One way to accomplish this afterwards is to migrate your personal data into the Business account and store them in personal notebooks. One flag though would be to check what email address you have associated with each account so that if you depart your company and loose access to your work email you shouldn't get stranded. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Didn't appreciate it was that complicated..  How about sharing notebooks from your existing personal account to your EB personal account?  You would then at least have access to the content as part of the Business package rather than having to switch.  If you prefer to switch there's a dance you can do to move email addresses around if that's necessary - change your existing email to a temporary one,  then the EB account email to your existing email.  You said your existing account is Premium - I'm sure Support will be able to transfer your subscription to the new personal account...

Sharing betweeen accounts is one option as Gaz mentioned.

In general if you have data in 2 accounts that you want to pool into one account you have to do migrate and collect everything in one account. There is no merge account feature available at the moment. 

It is something I faced also, but as a user of both now, switching is perfect.  I don't own this company therefore should I ever leave I will have a dilemma of detaching "personal" and "business" where as with switching you have two separate instances that can be toggled quickly, but information is stored in two separate databases.  Best solution.

That said, you can always export EN Prem Notebooks and import them to EN Biz as advised also.

Archived