Particular note crashing EN at launch

tavor

• Level 5*

As I wrote about here, I was experiencing crashes when launching EN. I narrowed the issue down to one particular note I had added recently via the WebClipper. Somehow I managed to switch focus away from the 'faulty' note (the note causing the crash was the selected note at startup) and that stopped the crashes on startup. If I selected that note, the app would crash, but it seems focus on subsequent starts remained on note selected prior to the faulty note, so launches were not a problem.

I then deleted the faulty note using EN online. Trying to see if the problem could be replicated, I used WebClipper to create a new note from the same web page. And sure enough, as soon as the note hit my inbox, EN crashed. And I'm now in the loop of crashes at startup. Except this time, I can't seem to switch focus away from the note quick enough to avert the crash. I deleted the newly created faulty note using EN online, but can't effect a sync before the Windows app crashes.

Any suggestions other than uninstalling/reinstalling/rebuilding the database?

I had submitted a ticket back when the issue first appeared, but as I'm no longer a Premium member, I don't expect Support to get back to me anytime soon (been over a week now).

• Level 5*

OK, I was able to break out of the launch crash loop. With the app closed (crashed), I used the Evernote tray and selected 'Find in Evernote' - that brought up EN without an immediate crash and I was able to sync which removed the faulty note.

For anyone running into the same issue, another possibility is if you can access the File menu and logout. I think that's how I broke out of the crash loop the prior time I got stuck in it.

Archived