(Archived) Pending notes, erm, pending :)

Dirky

Hi,

I'm running the newly updated beta 11 release.

Noticing notes/photos getting stuck still. I snapped a couple of photos with the app

added a simple title and let them upload, only problem they didn't.

That was a good 3 or 4 hours ago.

I was in coverage with at least gprs at the time and soon after 3g. Now I am at home for 2 hours it

has had wifi coverage.

Here are some screenshots, I hope it helps.

post-11307-131906064194_thumb.png

post-11307-131906064194_thumb.png

post-11307-13190606422_thumb.png

Thanks for the report -- looks like your phone is having trouble using the network.

You've provided all the right information, lets try a few more tests:

- Can you access www.evernote.com using the phone's browser?

- Can you search for notes using the Evernote application?

- Can you Pause and then Resume the note upload?

If you can access the network, searching for notes should make the client refresh it's authentication information and flipping the pause resume should force the notes to upload immediately. Let us know if this doesn't work.

Thanks for the report -- looks like your phone is having trouble using the network.

You've provided all the right information, lets try a few more tests:

- Can you access http://www.evernote.com using the phone's browser?

- Can you search for notes using the Evernote application?

- Can you Pause and then Resume the note upload?

If you can access the network, searching for notes should make the client refresh it's authentication information and flipping the pause resume should force the notes to upload immediately. Let us know if this doesn't work.

1,000 apologies! You were spot on in your diagnosis. For some reason my wireless network at home had thrown the towel in and had no connectivity.

Sorry for this.

Not sure why they did not manage to go during their time on the cellular network though?

can you let me know what I should expect? Will the notes automatically retry by themselves?

I note from 13:23 until 16:03 that there were no failed attempts in the logfile?

thanks for your attention.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if we'll keep polling until the network is available. Adding more new notes will definitely force the application to retry. I'll research if/how frequently we retry with no additional action by the user.

Hmm, I uploaded another photo note this morning, about 11:30am BST. I noticed just now it is still in the pending queue, is 17:30 approx.

There were no errors in the log, last message was from 14th Sept.

As I watched the note int he pending queue I noticed it start uploading, then it went?

I've been in network coverage all day 3g/gprs and wifi. Just wondering why it has not retired until I went in to the pending notes?

Looks like the GPS staying on bug has been fixed in this latest update ;)

Keep up the work.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Mike -

We've seen it here too. We've got it down as a bug. I've been able to reproduce it myself.

Thanks.

One other thing with relation to this.

Sometimes the pending notes have the green 'button' to the right of them but I've seen

them without?

I'm not sure of the purpose of this button, maybe it only appears when there are more than a single note

which is pending, does it allow you to toggle which note next gets sent?

Mike

Archived