Evernote on Samsung Gear 2

The usual place for Android is from the Play Store.

Yes. It is. 

However, the Gear 2 runs Tizen and Android apps(and the Google Play store) are not compatible with Tizen.

The only place to get Gear 2 apps is the Samsung App store accessed through the Gear Manager app.

Evernote was listed back in April '14 as being available at the Gear 2/Neo launch. NO ONE has been able to find it, nor get an answer from Evernote as to what is going on with the development.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes. It is. 

However, the Gear 2 runs Tizen and Android apps(and the Google Play store) are not compatible with Tizen.

The only place to get Gear 2 apps is the Samsung App store accessed through the Gear Manager app.

Evernote was listed back in April '14 as being available at the Gear 2/Neo launch. NO ONE has been able to find it, nor get an answer from Evernote as to what is going on with the development.

Yes, I know. And I must say I'm more than a bit miffed. I had the Gear 1 and just went through the whole update to Tizen because I was under the impression that Evernote had produced and released the Tizen app for Evernote. I specifically remember reading articles that touted the benefits of the new app and how you had to be on the Tizen OS for Gear if you were to use it, etc.

So today I finished all the updating and go to the app store for Gear and no Evernote app.

:angry:

Yes. It is. 

Yes, I know. And I must say I'm more than a bit miffed. I had the Gear 1 and just went through the whole update to Tizen because I was under the impression that Evernote had produced and released the Tizen app for Evernote. I specifically remember reading articles that touted the benefits of the new app and how you had to be on the Tizen OS for Gear if you were to use it, etc.

So today I finished all the updating and go to the app store for Gear and no Evernote app.

I got a reply from Evernote regarding their Gear 2 app.... warning:not hopeful  http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo/406797-evernote-released-android-wear.html

Yes. It is. 

I got a reply from Evernote regarding their Gear 2 app.... warning:not hopeful  http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo/406797-evernote-released-android-wear.html

Argh....

That reply is a bit ambiguous too. S/he says:

"Hi ,

So sorry for the delay.

I have the update now. We do not currently support Evernote on Tizen based devices such as the Gear 2, and we have not announced any plans to support these devices. We have announced support for Android Wear based Samsung devices, such as the Gear Live.

Thanks for waiting - and thanks for being an Evernote user.

~Terry"

"...such as the Gear Live..."?  

Does that mean the other Gear devices are also supported?

Impossible to say so far because the Samsung Gear page is so poorly informed. ("Specs" tab doesn't even tell you what OS the devices run.) 

• 1 month later...

Since evernote is not available for tizen powered samsung smartwatches; I use  -My notes in Gear- a note taking app available for all tizen powered samsung smartwatches and copy and paste any notes from my Evernote app on my smartphone to -My Notes in Gear- to see the note on my Samsung Gear smartwatch. Not the most convenient solution but it works and it is very convenient to SHOP will checking shopping list on a smartwatch and not on a smartphone.

Archived