Where does Evernote store audio files?

I was thrilled to see that Evernote now allows you to add audio to a text note. That's a great thing for me as a journalist who does a lot of interviews. However, once the interview is done and the story is written, in many situations I want to retain the text but not the audio, which (as a .wav file) takes up much more space. But I can't figure out Evernote's file structure or where the audio notes are stored on my hard drive, therefore I don't know how to delete the audio only without deleting the whole note.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Minda

I was thrilled to see that Evernote now allows you to add audio to a text note. That's a great thing for me as a journalist who does a lot of interviews. However, once the interview is done and the story is written, in many situations I want to retain the text but not the audio, which (as a .wav file) takes up much more space. But I can't figure out Evernote's file structure or where the audio notes are stored on my hard drive, therefore I don't know how to delete the audio only without deleting the whole note.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Minda

What client???

Audio files show up as an attachment. You should be able to simply delete the attachment in the usual way. Either putting cursor in front & delete. Or cursor behind & backspace. Or select/delete.

• Level 5*

If you're using the Windows Evernote client, then the audio files are stored, like any attachment, inside the Evernote note database. To remove the audio files, you'll need to do it from the note.

Thanks, Jefito! That actually sounds most convenient, but I want to make sure I know how to do it (and Help hasn't been updated to explain that yet). The audio note currently appears within the note in a little box. How would I delete it? 

Thanks, Jefito! That actually sounds most convenient, but I want to make sure I know how to do it (and Help hasn't been updated to explain that yet). The audio note currently appears within the note in a little box. How would I delete it? 

Delete the box as you would any text/image.  I tried it on Mac OS X and Win XP by simply placing the cursor after the box and pressing the delete key.

Archived