(Archived) Synchronization Failure

I have been using Evernote for about a year--on my laptop (windows)and just recently incorporating the latest BB Storm version. The web version I am using is the latest: Evernote 3.1.0.1212 for Windows.

For the past several days, I have been unable to sync my notes. It is authenticating, getting as far as about 20%, and then displays "synchronization failure" in the lower right hand corner. I have tried it with various content--web pages, pdfs, etc.

I have searched the forum to find a similar post regarding "sync fail", but the others i found don't seem to apply to my problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this? As of now, I cannot view notes on my Storm that have not been synced on my laptop first.

Thank you,

Chip Hilton

I just looked up in my support emails to Evernote and found this "The log indicates that you have exceeded the number of Notebooks allowed. There is a limit for Premium account holders of 99 notebooks. You can use tags in the same manner, and they are unlimited; however, you can only create 99 notebooks."

At the time that I couldn't sync I had around 105 notebooks. I know, that's not how most people use Evernote, but I like lots of Notebooks. So I cut back to 75 Notebooks and am going to try to keep it at that. Actually, I think you "can have as many notebooks as you like" as stated in the FAQS, but it will only sync if you have less than 100. If I understand that correctly.

If you double-click on that sync status message in the bottom-right corner, you'll see a more detailed log of the problem. This may give some pointers about the source of the error on Windows.

Thanks

Archived