I just accidentally resotred 50 notes from trash

How do I undo? I wanted to empty trash, not restore.

If this can't be done in a click then is there a way to do it by locating the notes all together and batch deleting? As they are in different notebooks etc

• Level 5*

Not sure which Evernote client you're using, but in the Windows client, restoring a note will put it into its original notebook, but with an updated Update Time. So about the best you can do is sort your entire note list by Updated Time (reversed) and then pick the most recent notes. That's no guarantee, if you've changed other notes in the interim.

Thanks for response. I'm using mac evernote, but also have it on android phone and tablet. The notes don't seem to be arrangeable by time on them, or they can be but they are restored to original time somehow

I was just clicking on a notebook and viewing all notes and arranging by updated and the newly restored notes aren't most recent

• Level 5*

I can't speak to how the Mac behaves, though I'm reasonably certain that you can sort by Updated Date. The trash on a different device is not going to be the same as on another device, I as I recall, so that's not an option. I'll also note that that the web client behaves the same way as the Windows client in this respect abd you can sort by Updated Date, but if the Updated dates aren't changed by the Mac, then you're probably out of luck for an easy solution.

• Level 5*

If I can sort by updated date on web client then surely that will sort it? Can you tell me how to do that?

At the bottom of the note list is a little menu called "View Options" that contains sorting options. May be moot if the Mac doesn't change updated date for deleted notes, but worth looking at.

Indeed, no "solution" per se....

There's really no technical problem with these notes being restored, they don't occupy any additional portion of your quota or anything like that, and unless they have large attachments, their impact on your HD capacity is probably limited. 

I suspect the best course of action is:

1) If there is some kind of systematic relationship between these notes, use search to track them down (e.g., they all share a tag, or were created on the same/similar date, all contain the same string in their body, whatever). Or at least this could help you track some/most of them down.

2) Whether or not (1) is an option, just keep your eyes open for these no-longer-relevant notes. Otherwise, if they aren't muddling your searches and you aren't stumbling across them as you move around your notes, they're as good as not there.  If you DO stumble across one, or some of them clutter up one of your searches, trash it! When you see one while moving around your notes, trash it! 

Archived