Why doesn't my iPad Evernote sync with my iPhone Evernote?

The notebooks and notes on my iPad are different than those on my new iiPhone. Under settings the Evernote addresses are different so I'm assuming this is at least part of the problem. If they need to be the same, how do I do this? What else do I need to do, other than press the sync symbol?

• Level 5*

Sounds like you have created two different accounts,  hence your notes being different.  Log out of Evernote on one device and then log back into the same account that is set up on your other device.  Then they should agree.

If the problem is not related to multiple user accounts:

One other sync tip: As far as I know, Evernote bases its sync on iCloud, an imperfect sync service, to say the least. Last I checked, iCloud still does not sync until it registers enough changes (I can't pin down the threshold) to trigger a sync event. Consequently, you can make changes on one device, but those changes will not register on the other(s). This will be the case even when you close out of Evernote and re-launch: On re-launch, Evernote simply uses the data file still in iPhone/iPad multi-tasking memory.

Here's one workaround:

Close out of Evernote.

Double click the Home button.

Swipe up on the Evernote mini-screen to close it out of multi-tasking memory.

Click the Home button.

Re-launch Evernote.

Without an Evernote data file in multi-tasking memory, a forced-sync occurs, and your changes should now be reflected.

This is not an Evernote issue (except in that it initially chose iCloud as a sync platform); it's an Apple problem. Rumor has it Evernote was migrating over to another sync service, but I don't know if if that is true or if it occurred, or if Apple will (or even can) re-tool its inherently flawed iCloud. (Perhaps with iOS 8?)

The above workaround has been extremely helpful to me and to those with whom I share notes we all, independently, frequently change.

• 10 months later...

Using OS 8.3 on my ipad and cannot get evernote to sync ALL of my notebooks. I see my most recent work updated and synced across my laptop, iphone, desktop and on line on the evernote site. However, I cannot see a particular stack of older work (which I've just labelled Old Work) updated and synced on the ipad. I can see the notebooks themselves but they show "0 notes" when actually here are quite a few notes in them (which I can see on the other devices). I have deleted and reinstalled Evernote on my ipad. Any other suggestions or a solution to this confounding problem?

Archived