must we use evernote skitch to annotate PDF files?

minisand

Idea

first of all, just want to say that all products in Evernote family are just so great:)

My question is: must we use evernote skitch to annotate PDF files? I created a note and attach a pdf file in the note. I did not find a way of annotating the PDF files in Evernote.

Thanks

5 replies to this idea

This is a premium feature. If you are a free user you may not be able to do this.

See:

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/07/09/evernote-for-mac-lets-you-annotate-with-skitch-preview-documents-and-highlight/

You can always open the PDF in any other PDF application you have installed on your computer, such as Preview. Changes you make will be saved to evernote and synced. 

Thanks Scott. Yes, I have a premium Evernote account. 

According to the blog you shared, I still have to use skitch to annotate PDF. All annotations go to Evernote automatically? Anyway, I will have a try.

Thanks for your information.

• Level 5*

Have you tried Right Clicking the PDF in the Evernote note? IIRC (I'm not at my Mac to check), it should give you the standard Open With... dialogue, and you can then choose which software to open the PDF in for annotation.

Have you tried Right Clicking the PDF in the Evernote note? IIRC (I'm not at my Mac to check), it should give you the standard Open With... dialogue, and you can then choose which software to open the PDF in for annotation.

This is correct, right-clicking an attachment gives you the Open With.... option to allow you to open the file with any application that understands that particular file type. 

Archived