Chronological order within notes?

Alex I

Hello,

If this has been covered before, i apologize.

1. Is there a 'search' function for a forum? I would rather find the answer myself if it's been answered already, then waste anyone's time answering the same question. :(

2. Is there a function to chronologically order a note? I use the notes as my daily log of work done on a project seperated by bullet points. For example:

• 7/9/14
  •      Submitted test example to Engineer
  • 7/10/14
  •      Sumbitted Forum question to page

After a few months the page gets rather long. I was hoping that the note could instantly goto my last entry so I could begin typing immediately vs. scrolling down to the bottom of the page. While it's no big deal on the desktop, it's a pain on the smartphone.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

• Level 5

1.)  There is a search field in the upper right corner, but different users have different opinions on its capability.  My preference is to open another window and use Google.com to get more results from a wider base and with an extra bonus - a larger screen.

2.) Evernote does not have a sort by date feature inside an individual note. I find Evernote to be more powerful if I limit each note to an individual task or topic.  I don't want long notes that require a lot of scrolling.

Or... another technique is to have individual notes contain "Note Links" that will drive you back to the master note. 

• Level 5*

Hello,

If this has been covered before, i apologize.

1. Is there a 'search' function for a forum? I would rather find the answer myself if it's been answered already, then waste anyone's time answering the same question. :(

The search for the forums is fine (type your search text into the edit control at the top-right of the page), but it's limited to forum topics/posts only. I use it pretty frequently. I've never been able to get the Advanced Search to do my bidding, however. You can also use web search like google, which will include forum posts, but also (obviously) include information outside of the forums that may be useful. Your choice.

2. Is there a function to chronologically order a note? I use the notes as my daily log of work done on a project seperated by bullet points. For example:

• 7/9/14
  •      Submitted test example to Engineer
  • 7/10/14
  •      Sumbitted Forum question to page

Evernote doesn't include much, if any, functionality that re-orders note content; you need to do that yourself.

After a few months the page gets rather long. I was hoping that the note could instantly goto my last entry so I could begin typing immediately vs. scrolling down to the bottom of the page. While it's no big deal on the desktop, it's a pain on the smartphone.

You might try just putting new entries at the top of note. Keeps the new stuff on top.

• Level 5*

If you want all of the log entries in one note you could enter the information in reverse chronological order.  

If not, you can enter each in a separate note with a note title named something like yyyy/mm/dd title tagged by project as jbenson2 suggests, and then sort by title in whatever view.

Archived