Jump to content

Failed sync after moving a lot of notes to new notebook


Recommended Posts



I have EN on two PCs (as well as other devices). I made a lot of changes on one PC, mostly moving notes (200+) from one notebook to another (both synced notebooks, BTW), and then when I went to the other PC later, the sync failed. My changes had sucessfully synced to the cloud as well as 2 android devices, however. The activity log on the PC showed an ObjectNotFoundException in several places. I was able to solve my issue by copying the database from one PC to the other, and then the data was present and a sync worked. But I was hoping this might be a known issue or something, so I doesn't happen again (this is the second time bulk changes caused this issue). I'd be happy to supply information if it will help.



Link to comment
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Not a known issue - changes one any device are synced back to the server and then down to any other device linked to the same account.  Individual devices can have sync problems,  and that's usually fixed by Revo uninstalling/ reinstalling the app or by renaming the current database and downloading a fresh copy.  Moving a copy from one machine to another also works - obviously - but only within the same OS.  SInce the matter is apparently resolved it's not worth following up now,  but if it recurs,  get a copy of the Activity Log (Help > Activity Log) at the time and use the Support link (see below) to report the problem. 


If you're tempted to reinstall / rename at any stage,  search the forums for full instructions first - mistakes can seriously damage your karma.

Link to comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I did a lot of research to find the best course. I only mention in case it's something that may be worth investigating, since it happened twice, both after a lot of shuffling around. I hope that's it for me, since I'm done with a major re-organization.



Link to comment

I'm having the same error when trying to sync 1031 notes after a clean Evernote install on Windows 7.

EDAMSystemException: errorCode=INTERNAL_ERROR message="ObjectNotFoundException"
The Evernote client keeps giving the same error when trying to resync. Also the number of synchronised notes stays on 380 notes.
Sync on my android phone and MacBook works perfect.
Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...