Easy way to send URLs to Evernote?

Hello,

I use Firefox 99% of the time and Chrome the other times.  I have the Webclipper addon for Firefox installed.

If there is a URL that I would like to put in a note, or add to my "Bookmark List" I keep in Evernote, I have to highlight the URL in the address bar, open, or click into, Evernote and add the URL to whatever note or create a new note.

With the webclipper addon I can highlight whatever text and right click to bring up the context menu, and then just send the text I have highlighted to Evernote or a new note... presto done.

However, I do not have a Evernote option with the right-click context menu when I highlight the URL in the address bar.

Is there an easy way to just highlight the URL in the address bar and send it to Evernote, whether in a new note, or whatever?

Are there any addons that might be of help, or anything that I am missing that could help do what I am wanting to do? Or am I stuck just copy, open, create new note, or find note to add too, and paste?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

I'm an Evernote newbie too but it seems to me if you just right click over the body of the page displayed in Firefox you have an Evernote option to send the URL to Evernote.

I'm on the mac and I can't really do this. However on both current clipper and webclipper beta 6 you can choose to clip just the URL or clip Bookmark, respectively. I think that's the best flow, however some seem to like IFTTT + Pocket for example or something more fancy with scripts, but I'm not really sure what OS you're on

I'm an Evernote newbie too but it seems to me if you just right click over the body of the page displayed in Firefox you have an Evernote option to send the URL to Evernote.

..and the standard Fx/ Chrome clipper offers you the option of Selection / Page / URL...

I'm on the mac and I can't really do this. However on both current clipper and webclipper beta 6 you can choose to clip just the URL or clip Bookmark, respectively. I think that's the best flow, however some seem to like IFTTT + Pocket for example or something more fancy with scripts, but I'm not really sure what OS you're on

Ok, so.... Yes you are correct. The webclipper add-on for firefox DOES allow me to clip a URL and it automatically puts it into a new note for me.  That is what I was looking for.  The reason I didn't realize this is because for some reason after I clip the URL on my laptop it does not add it to evernote.  Not sure why, haven't figured out why that is yet.  Hopefully I can figure out what the malfunction is.

On my other PC it works like a charm though.  After reading your replies I loaded up my desktop PC and gave it a try and presto just what I was wanting.  Appreciate the replies from everyone.

Now to figure out why my addon won't add to evernote....

Archived