Suggestion for Note Links

drben

Idea

Hello Team,

Long time user of the Evernote product on multiple platforms. Apologies if I am breaking rules etc, but wanted to put a suggestion out there regarding note links.

One of the essential features of our brains (which is an often used metaphor for Evernote as an external brain) is the way connections are made between pieces of information -> i.e. links between notes. The current desktop clients allow this to be achieved by finding a related note (manually using search or browse), right clicking and copying the note link, which can then be pasted into the current note. This could be vastly improved (in my opinion) by implementing something similar to Quip using the '@' symbol, and then typing the first few letters of the note title you want to link to (see pics below). 

Quip%202.pngQuip%201.png

This implementation (in Quip) works on the iOS client apps as well.

As someone with thousands of notes that form a bit of a working knowledge base, this would be a welcome addition as interlinking information is a key part of learning and consolidating.

Thanks

Dr Ben

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - no rules broken,  and all practical feature requests welcomed.  Thank you for yours.  It has been suggested before that the whole links process needs looking at - I proposed the Wiki model where CamelCase words or those [in brackets] automatically link to an existing note with that name or create a new one and the link to it.  No movement yet,  but we live in hopes...

Archived