Show Annotation Summary

I am someone who doesn't want to show my annotation summary after annotating a PDF document, however whenever I make an annotation, the [ ] Show Annotation Summary option is automatically checked and I need to remember to un-tick it before closing the annotation window.

Is it possible to turn this option off by default or at least remember the last setting?  So, if I turned it off for one document, next document would remember it is off by default?

Thanks

Phil

I think that's a good suggestion! Posting here is a great way to make suggestions, as Evernote staff do read these forums. You can also submit a support ticket with your request if you want to make darn sure that Evernote has heard your suggestion. 

• 1 month later...

Just done a search for exactly this, so I'm adding my support for this change here.

Please make this either a setting in Preferences or as MrPhil says, at least remember the last setting. Drives me nuts.

• 3 weeks later...

For gods sakes, get rid of the Annotation Summary "feature" -- it is clutter we don't need.  Make it universally optional.  What's the hold up on fixing this?

Posting four times doesn't make your point any stronger.

As has been pointed out to you at least two other times, this can be disabled by un-checking the box at the bottom of the annotation screen (Mac) or in the context menu for the attachment (windows)

• 1 month later...

I whole heartedly agree that the automatic selection of the "Include Annotation Summary" is quite an annoyance when performing any type of annotation.  I make annotations often in all of my files that I scan in.  I have no intention of sharing these files with peers.  If I accidentally forget to uncheck this box, then you must delete the entire file and rescan the item as the annotations cannot be removed after they are included.  (Correct me if I am wrong please).

The simple solution is to have an option in preferences for "Always include annotation summary" in which you can check the box yes, or no.  If you wanted to include the summary one time, simply manually check the box at the bottom after you finish your annotations.  Too easy.

If I accidentally forget to uncheck this box, then you must delete the entire file and rescan the item as the annotations cannot be removed after they are included.  (Correct me if I am wrong please).

You are indeed wrong. If you go back into annotating the document and uncheck the Annotation Summary the summary will be gone from the resulting .pdf.

Edit: It works a little differently if you annotate directly in Skitch and then go on to uncheck the Annotation Summary (or any other edit) via Evernote. Instead of updating the .pdf in the Skitch generated note itself it will make a new note with an updated .pdf.

• 3 weeks later...

You are indeed wrong. If you go back into annotating the document and uncheck the Annotation Summary the summary will be gone from the resulting .pdf.

Edit: It works a little differently if you annotate directly in Skitch and then go on to uncheck the Annotation Summary (or any other edit) via Evernote. Instead of updating the .pdf in the Skitch generated note itself it will make a new note with an updated .pdf.

That worked beautifully for this guy (me).  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ahmed younes....  Yes there is an option... but whenever you annotate anything, you must manually UNCHECK the box every single time you annotate a note.  It's extremely annoying.  What we were suggesting is to have an option in preferences that either (Always included annotation summary) as a default OR (Never include annotation summary) as a default.  This way if you're not interested in including the summary, you don't have to uncheck the box every time.  Make sense?

• 2 months later...

how do i get rid of this feature... i was using the note to cross off lines i had done in a pattern ... on my iPad... After syncing i see this horrid summary and no easy way to just continue to annotate... 

ahmed younes's image is gone so i have no idea what he is referring to for its 'already done'

I have checked the notes info - nothing for summary change, i have right clicked - nothing there either. Nothing in note history either, nothing in view, format or note menu's

i checked pref's nothing there either...

so please enlighten us - how do we turnoff this 'feature'?

thanks

When you enter the annotation screen for a PDF using Evernote annotation system, there is a checkbox at the bottom of the annotation window. If you do NOT want an annotation summary, check the box:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ABny9xIPu0ZCfoOMXS1MyJJej9SWlCYPkpw

This appears to also work retroactively (at least in my one test). If you have a document that has an annotation summary, and you then later un-check the "Include annotation summary" box, the summary will be removed. 

Indeed, it looks like it is broken. However, it appears as though when annotating a file in Evernote for iPad you can tap the ellipsis (Three dots) and you have the option to disable the annotation summary.... you might need to do some poking around since I don't have the screenshot or my own iPad in front of me at the moment so I might have the exact location incorrect. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To Remove Annotation Summary Do This:

While in Annotation mode, look down at the bottom of the annotation window, and uncheck "Include Annotation Summary"567737f3c003c_ScreenShot2015-12-20at18.2

I think that rather than have this be something that needs to be unchecked to remove the annotation summary, it ought to be a choice to include by default, or not, in the general preferences, or somewhere in the main preferences, and it seems to me that it was in the preferences in prior versions of evernote... I looked through all the evernote preferences and did not find it, and I might be mistaken in this.

• 3 months later...

adding another vote for having this as a preference option, I annotate a lot of pdfs and yes I can uncheck the box and yes I can correct it when I forget, but I still want a preference option as I do not ever see a reason for wanting this horrible summary.  Thanks. 

• 9 months later...

I can't find the option to disable this summary nuisance when using evernote in my iPhone! HELP! the annotation feature (which we're paying for under the "premium" banner) is absolutely useless if one cannot switch off the annotations summary in an iPhone! I work mostly from my iPhone and this is ridiculous. 

Help, please!

Archived