Storing photos in Evernote?

Hello EN community!

Since evernote doesn't have a limit of how much you can store long term, I was thinking that it could be a good option to store photos, right?

Would this work? What do you think the disadvantages would be?

One that I can think of is - no editing features. Can't crop, etc. But if you had to do that for a specific picture, you could export it and edit, right? You won't be editing every picture you take.

What do you think?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

I think there are far better options available out there for storing photos. 

Flickr for example gives you 1TB of free space immediately. It's also designed for viewing, sharing and discovering photos. 

I think there are far better options available out there for storing photos. 

Flickr for example gives you 1TB of free space immediately. It's also designed for viewing, sharing and discovering photos. 

1TB? Seriously? I'm surprised I haven't hear of this yet! Thanks!

Is this what you do?

• Level 5

Also, keep in mind that modern digital photos have high resolution and therefore quickly take space in your database.

Even a moderate collection of pictures will inflate your database quickly and you may run into problems with fast search etc.

I have made it a habit NOT to store any digital pictures in EN and use better suited software instead, as Metrodon has already pointed out as well. 

Hello EN community!

Since evernote doesn't have a limit of how much you can store long term, I was thinking that it could be a good option to store photos, right?

Would this work? What do you think the disadvantages would be?

One that I can think of is - no editing features. Can't crop, etc. But if you had to do that for a specific picture, you could export it and edit, right? You won't be editing every picture you take.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Not the best place for storing photos at all.  As far as I understand it, the quota is as good as unlimited on a rolling monthly basis for EN, however I do think there is a limit in place per Note of 100Mb?  I could be wrong!

If you have an iPhone - iCloud

If you have a Samsung - I think they have something call All Share?

If you have Microsoft - OneDrive

Plenty of storage out of the box, and cheap options to upgrade.

I don't see any benefit in using EN for this especially if you wanted to edit... I don't think Skitch from EN will cover as Edits, more Markups.

Thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. Do you have any recommendations of services?

I don't want to use Drive or Dropbox or anything, because the free storage space is limited. Upgrades would be another monthly fee a college kid would need to worry about (planning on going EN premium).

Flickr sounds good. But I'm assuming you'd need the app to access the pictures and stuff, right?

Also, do you have any idea if you can access these flickr photos offline?

Sorry if these are off-topic; I'll end it here if it goes against some rule!

Thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. Do you have any recommendations of services?

I don't want to use Drive or Dropbox or anything, because the free storage space is limited. Upgrades would be another monthly fee a college kid would need to worry about (planning on going EN premium).

Flickr sounds good. But I'm assuming you'd need the app to access the pictures and stuff, right?

Flickr can be accessed with a web browser. AFAIK, you need internet access for any cloud option to be accessed unless it's something like Dropbox where your files can also be stored on your hard drive. That's why it's called "cloud". ;-)

Flickr can be accessed with a web browser. AFAIK, you need internet access for any cloud option to be accessed unless it's something like Dropbox where your files can also be stored on your hard drive. That's why it's called "cloud". ;-)

Yes, very true! I have access to the internet most of the time anyways, but it's better to be safe. That's what I like about services like Evernote and Drive. Of course, though, I understand that most people wouldn't want that 1TB of flickr photos duplicated on their storage!

Archived