Evernote Desktop Keep Crashing - HELP!

I'm at my wits-end and need help.  Every time I open my desktop Evernote, it crashes within seconds of opening.  Every once in a while, it'll stay open for about 5 minutes.  It also seems to be "stuck" on a note (it opens on the same note, even though there are more recently edited notes), and the search function is not working at all.  It doesn't matter what I type in the search field, it comes up with no results at all.  With each crash, a "fatal error" message pops up saying that "Evernote.... has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  To help us diagnose the cause of this error and improve this software, we have created an error report that you can send to us.  We will treat this report as confidential, and the terms of our Privacy Policy apply to data contained in this error report.  .....  Please describe what you were doing when this error occurred, and click "send" button."  I've been sending these error logs for months, along with my email address, with no solution.  I've tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. 

I've tried searching who to contact about it, but haven't found help.  Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?  Thanks so much!

-Lisa

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your Evernote software seems to be a bit poorly,  so there are various fixes you can try starting with the most basic and effective tech fix of all time.  Log out of everything,  save any work you're doing,  and switch your system off.  Then switch it back on again.

If your Evernote is still misbehaving,  try uninstalling the software (this won't affect any notes you've saved up to now) and re-download the current version from Evernote.com and reinstall it

If that doesn't work...

The error logs you've been sending aren't specific requests for help for you personally,  which is why you didn't get a response.  Raise a support request through the link in my signature and you will get further help,  though it may take a few days.  Meantime you can come back here and we'll suggest some more stuff - but please let us know what Evernote you're using:  Windows / Mac / Android / iOS.

Archived