Need an 'X' button in tag search

phoenix123

In the search box of all-tags page, we need an 'X' button to clear up the search results. Thanks

Editing after checking a response:

When you click on the 'Tags' button on the sidebar, the right side of the application displays all the tags sorted alphabetically. There's a separate search function for the tags. But there's no 'x' button for clearing the search results.

• Level 5

I don't know what you mean by the "all-tags page".

But you could use the key combination of Win + Shift + F

It automatically clears the search field + search results + positions your cursor into the search field. Even if you are in a different program.

The drawback is the key combo is both cryptic and difficult to remember. You can change it by going to >Tools >Options >Hot Keys tab and changing >Find in Evernote

I don't know what you mean by the "all-tags page".

When you click on the 'Tags' button on the sidebar, the right side of the application displays all the tags sorted alphabetically. This is the "all-tabs page" I'm referring to. There's a separate search function for the tags. But there's no 'x' button for clearing the search results.

• Level 5

In the Left Panel there is no x button to clear the search results.

I have 1,400 tags, so I keep the Left Panel hidden (F10) and use the search field instead.

But you can clear the search result using several different methods. The easiest to describe is shown here. Hover over the search term and a small blue x will appear. Click it to remove it from the search. 

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/f042bfac-71c9-4a50-b58f-d58227a3b711/ce5705e9efe065651ef59f6daca4556c

edit: be sure to have the "Show Search Explanation" turned on. >View >View Show Search Explanation

For multiple tag searches, here is another solution.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/29fad631-c527-4d08-b7eb-d07eb336a3f4/17fc6bc9cf7b4a5c85024f99dd9ae4cd

But as I mentioned before, I prefer to keep the Left Panel hidden completely.

I rely on the Evernote "Search all notes" search field.

It is simpler, but much more powerful, especially for fine tuning search results.

In the Left Panel there is no x button to clear the search results.

But as I mentioned before, I prefer to keep the Left Panel hidden completely.

I rely on the Evernote "Search all notes" search field.

It is simpler, but much more powerful, especially for fine tuning search results.

I'm not talking of any x button on the left panel. I'm talking about after you click on 'Tags' ('click' not 'open' the tree of tags), you will get a separate search bar for tags below the "Search all notes" field. I know about the power of the all notes search but I plan to use the tag-search bar extensively for some reasons. It would be great if the evernote guys add an x button there.

• Level 5

OK, so you are referring to the "Note List Panel" (which can be toggled on and off with F10)

Here is a screen grab of just the Note List Panel with a single tag selected (Per-Car).

There is a small blue x to clear the search results.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/aef4ea65-cda2-4795-849d-5e7fa3bfce8d/3290b2809b77bac9e9f8770e2f2ca200

In the search box of all-tags page, we need an 'X' button to clear up the search results. Thanks

Editing after checking a response:

When you click on the 'Tags' button on the sidebar, the right side of the application displays all the tags sorted alphabetically. There's a separate search function for the tags. But there's no 'x' button for clearing the search results.

You're right, there is no X & it would be nice to have one.

post-48228-0-71744400-1404065595_thumb.j

Archived