evernote web clipper does not open notes in Desktop app

Titus

as above - i regularly clip articles in Evernote (from desktop chrome) and it's annoying that it does not allow me to open the note in the Desktop app for me to do further editing. It only launches in the web-app. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the web clipper, but it doesn't prompt me to use the desktop app at all. is there anything i can do to change this behavior?

secondly, i'd also like to know if there's a way to change the title and notebook for which screenshots are clipped. currently, they are clipped directly to the default notebook + default title. 

thanks!

• Level 5*

If you search the forums,  there's already been discussion of this.  For reasons of browser architecture only Firefox clipper can save back to the desktop database and Evernote have no plans (AFAIK) at the moment to change this.  Chrome clipper does,  however allow you to revise headings,  change notebooks,  add tags,  and annotate the clip*.  Try clicking on the notebook in the sidebar for a further slide-out with more options.

Edit:  * OK - that's a bit misleading;  you can add comments to the note - you can't 'annotate' in the same way you can with Skitch.

If you search the forums,  there's already been discussion of this.  For reasons of browser architecture only Firefox clipper can save back to the desktop database and Evernote have no plans (AFAIK) at the moment to change this.  Chrome clipper does,  however allow you to revise headings,  change notebooks,  add tags,  and annotate the clip*.  Try clicking on the notebook in the sidebar for a further slide-out with more options.

Edit:  * OK - that's a bit misleading;  you can add comments to the note - you can't 'annotate' in the same way you can with Skitch.

thanks. for the 2nd issue, i was referring to the right click ➟ clip screenshot command. the right sidebar would not come out if activated via this route. 

• Level 5*

You can get a screen shot by selecting that option from the right-menu,  and then it comes back after the shot to allow you to annotate or crop the content.  Does for me anyhow...

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a screen shot by selecting that option from the right-menu,  and then it comes back after the shot to allow you to annotate or crop the content.  Does for me anyhow...

when I use the right click context button, it saves directly to my notebook and does not give me any option to annotate/change notebook..

IFo64vY.jpg

what i found missing from using the keyboard shortcut/browser icon was that there's no way to clip a single image (e.g. our avatar). the only option I have is to clip the entire screen (i.e. screenshot)..

• 2 months later...

In my home desktop computer, Chrome Evernote Web Clipper will open the desktop version of Evernote when I click the link, taking me to Evernote desktop where I can edit the just-then clipped and synced piece. It does open the additional web page as well, but I think it deletes this most of the time when it goes into Evernote desktop. This works great. My question is why it works this way in my home computer but on my laptop it just syncs and opens a separate tab with Evernote online. How can I make it open Evernote desktop on the article just like it does in my home computer?

Archived