(Archived) Snow Leopard: Have to add " --" to my Spotlight searches

MrT

Idea

Hi,

When on Leopard, I often used Spotlight to search for Evernote notes.

But now on Snow Leopard, nothing comes up.

I read a tip in another thread to add " --" to the search, so if I'm searching for "benq" I would search for "benq --" and then the note does come up, it doens't come up for just "benq" - like it used to do, with Leopard.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a compatiblity issue?

It's been 2 days since I installed Snow Leopard, so Spotlight have had plenty of time to index my drive.

Thanks!

7 replies to this idea

Could you quit the Mac application, and then remove this directory from within your Mac "home" directory:

Library / Caches / Metadata / com.evernote.Evernote

Then start Evernote so that it regenerates the spotlight database.

Thanks

Could you quit the Mac application, and then remove this directory from within your Mac "home" directory:

Library / Caches / Metadata / com.evernote.Evernote

Then start Evernote so that it regenerates the spotlight database.

Thanks

Problem solved - that did the trick :(

Was it just me or a general problem with Evernote / Slow Leopard, perhaps?

I'm still having this problem. Tried to remove the metadata folder but that didn't help. I still have to add " --" to my Spotlightsearches, like this: keyword --

Otherwise Evernote results just doesn't show up in Spotlight..

Should I create a support ticket?

I've been playing around with Spotlight and Evernote this evening and I think I have it fixed now. I'm not sure exactly what it was that fixed it, but I also made sure to remove this folder "Library / Caches / Metadata / com.evernote.Evernote" - and restart Mac and then launch Evernote. Also tried to add the "com.evernote.Evernote" folder to "Spotlight Privacy" and remove it again to see if that would trigger an indexing. I think it works now, but I don't know for how long :)

Oh, and thanks to Evernote support for actually contacting me on this matter without me having to create a support ticket first!

Archived