Off-by-one note counts

hpwooten

Idea

I use Evernote on several devices. On my iPhone and PC, my total note count is 167. On my Mac (stable release), however, the note count is 168. The counts of the individual notebooks match up, and they all have an empty trash. What is happening here? Am I missing a note, or are the counts simply off? I've performed syncs on all of the devices, so everything should be up-to-date. 

Edit: I just did another sync on my PC in Tag view, and the count is now 168. My iPhone still reads 167 on the main screen, but it shows 168 on the full list of notes.

Edit2: The PC does a similar thing when I export. When I right-click on "notebooks" and export to Enex, it says "exporting # of 168." However, when I export as multiple web pages, it says "Exporting # of 169." Am I doing something wrong, or are there just a ton of Off-by-one bugs that need to get fixed? My main concern is data loss.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I use Evernote on several devices. On my iPhone and PC, my total note count is 167. On my Mac (stable release), however, the note count is 168. The counts of the individual notebooks match up, and they all have an empty trash. What is happening here? Am I missing a note, or are the counts simply off? I've performed syncs on all of the devices, so everything should be up-to-date. 

Edit: I just did another sync on my PC in Tag view, and the count is now 168. My iPhone still reads 167 on the main screen, but it shows 168 on the full list of notes.

Edit2: The PC does a similar thing when I export. When I right-click on "notebooks" and export to Enex, it says "exporting # of 168." However, when I export as multiple web pages, it says "Exporting # of 169." Am I doing something wrong, or are there just a ton of Off-by-one bugs that need to get fixed? My main concern is data loss.

Hi. I've converted your post into a support ticket. I think you'll want to work with them to resolve it. It is the weekend, though, so please be patient and wait until Monday for a response. Let us know how you solve the problem.

Hi. I've converted your post into a support ticket. I think you'll want to work with them to resolve it. It is the weekend, though, so please be patient and wait until Monday for a response. Let us know how you solve the problem.

Oh wow. Thanks for setting that up for me. I look forward to working with them.

Archived