Access Evernote from Mobile Webbrowsers

I'm using evernote premium for a long time already and quit happy but....

As I'm managing mobile devices with XenMobile, I'd like to have a MDX wrapped / enabled version of the native app.

As I understand from Citrix PM's evernote isn't interrested to support that technology I'm stuck with browser access.

NOW I relized that evernote doesn't let me access my docs anomore from a mobile browser but asks for usage of the native app.

TBH That type of behavior makes it really hard for me to decide to keep paying for that service....

Can someone please let me know what's the reason for forcing constomers in such a narrow corner?

Regards, Walter

• Level 5*

OK I understood most of the words,  just not necessarily in that order.. - user forum here.  I'd suggest a support request / feedback ticket (see below)!

:)

• Level 5*

yeah. it looks like the mobile site has disappeared again, and the message you are seeing (probably on ios) is there because the website is incompatible with safari. it still kind of works with the puffin browser. i am afraid the lack of web support on mobile, and sporadic availability of the mobile version at www.evernote.com/m is a longstanding limitation / bug / issue (depending on your point of view).

my recommendation would be to follow their recommendation and use the native app. or, remote login to a computer and use the web / native app there.

Thanks for the resposes...

I certainly will address this with support.

For the issue related to Safari - Don't now this specific one, but most browsers use the WebKit (same engine) I was running into it with WorxWeb browser (Citrix).

The reason for asking is that we only allow installations of nativ apps if thei're "wrapped" means sandboxed and managable form my MAM controller. As I learned Evernote doesnt plan to support that, so Web is the only way people who have an Evernote account can only get access through the Web, as the admin wouldn't allow installation of any native app (not wrapped).

Regards

• Level 5*

Thanks for the resposes...

I certainly will address this with support.

For the issue related to Safari - Don't now this specific one, but most browsers use the WebKit (same engine) I was running into it with WorxWeb browser (Citrix).

The reason for asking is that we only allow installations of nativ apps if thei're "wrapped" means sandboxed and managable form my MAM controller. As I learned Evernote doesnt plan to support that, so Web is the only way people who have an Evernote account can only get access through the Web, as the admin wouldn't allow installation of any native app (not wrapped).

Regards

Glad we could help. As I suggested, a remote login to another computer from which you can use the Web or native versions is a possibility. I did this for a long while and found it tolerable.

Archived