Evernote won't sync between Windows phone and PC

Hello all,

I'm a new user to Evernote, and love the concept but the synching accross devices does not work for me.

I initially installed evenote application on the windows phone (8.1 developers version) and started making some notes.  Then I installed the Evernote application on my PC and everything synched.  However now when I update Evernote on the PC, none of the new notes show on my windows phone, and nothing I enter on the phone shows up in Evernote on the PC.

I've tried uninstalling evernote on windows phone and re logging in - that worked for 1 sync, then never worked again.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem on Nokia Lumia 630 (official Windows Phone 8.1, version: 8.10.12397.895).

Sync between 2 PC, iPad and my previous phone (Android) was perfect, but now is problem with new phone...8(

First sync is OK a then? Nothing, even it seems that sync is in progress and done.

Any suggestion Evernote?

Hi. Just as an friendly FYI, this is a users forum, not a direct conduit to Evernote. They do read all the posts, but getting a response is pretty rare.

If you have a paid account, you can access Live Chat to seek assistance. Email support is available to *all* users, paid and free - after submitting a Support Ticket query, that is. Evernote aims to assist Premium (and Business) uses within a *business* day or two. If you're a free user, you can use the second option, but paid accounts will take priority over free ones. The standard for free users these days - and I base this only on posts I've see here in the last couple months - can be up to 10 *business* days. (It depends on how busy they are and with all the new Springpad users users learning the ropes, they have been hopping lately!)

Gbarry, an Evernote employee, has posted the below linked note what information you should have ready when contacting support, and includes a link to the Support Page on the Evernote website. There you will find the Live Chat and Submit a Support Ticket options.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/#entry254984/

The only other thing I can suggest, is to be sure you Sync to the Evernote Servers on *every* device you use when first opening the app, and again when closing. Do *not* log-out and do allow a few hours lag time if it's been some time since your last successful Sync.

Best of luck! ☺

• Level 5*

Evernote doesn't sync between devices; everything my first sync to the Evernote servers. The Evernote web client will reflect what's on the servers, and I'd suggest that you log in to the web client to help to isolate which device has the problem.

I only switched to Evernote because Springpad went out of business, and, I must say, I am disappointed.  The sync just DOES NOT WORK!.  I am not going to pay for premium to get

this app to work properly.  I will go back to pen and paper.  Seems more reliable than Evernote.

I only switched to Evernote because Springpad went out of business, and, I must say, I am disappointed.  The sync just DOES NOT WORK!.  I am not going to pay for premium to get

this app to work properly.  I will go back to pen and paper.  Seems more reliable than Evernote.

Sure it works. Been working just fine for me every day for several years.  Including today.  But hey, good luck with than pen & paper. 

Archived