Despite premium account, no presentation mode, no premium functionalities

Anne-Laure

Idea

I have purchased premium evernote today.

uploaded the app.

installed.

nothing.

No presentation, no premium at all.

Evernote: 5.5.1

Mac OS 10.6.8

could chat 1 sec with the support who told me to sign out and restart computer. 

Nothing happened.

I don't get the info bar for notes with all the premium icons. (see attached)

Now the support page won't work at all, can't chat anymore.

What went wrong? Where should I activate these features?

Thanks for help.

post-208616-0-85871000-1403817458_thumb.

11 replies to this idea

Oh,

What other premium features are you missing? Does PDF content searching work? Is your upload limit 1gb? Are you able to share more than one notebook with edit privileges? 

Could you please state, specifically, which premium features you are missing. Without knowing this, it is hard to figure out what the issue is and how to help. 

You must have some premium features, you clearly have chat support, which is a premium feature, for example. 

...and - when you say you paid today:  did you pay Evernote direct,  or did you buy through iTunes?

Gaz, based on her other post in another thread, it seems like the Evernote client does recognize her as premium:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/62468-annotate-function/?p=287137

Ah, and the header in the screenshot also suggests that because it says "Evernote Premium". 

I think there are some minimum system requirements for some premium features that she isn't meeting because she runs a 4 year old version of the operating system which Evernote has largely stopped supporting. Unfortunately I don't think Evernote has this well documented anywhere (other than a vague post in these forums), I'm trying to find documentation right now and haven't had luck. 

Ah - sorry to interrupt;  driveby comments from the hip as usual!  ;)   Glad things got (kinda) sorted out...

No worries. Happens to me all too often. 

I think the big bummer here is that I have confirmed that the system requirements for some of these premium features are not posted anywhere. Knowledge base articles, for example, state that a feature is "available on Mac", not on "Mac OS 10.7 and above" or something to that effect. 

If the problem is in fact related to her running 10.6, she'd have no way of figuring it out except by contacting support. 

• Level 5*

You presumably found the other threads on this - mainly (I think) https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/47809-psa-evernote-for-mac-on-snow-leopard-mac-os-x-106/

You could flag this thread so the Admins can look at whether the messages around downloading / installing / updating are clear enough about what is available for Snow Leopard and below...

• Level 5

Could the absence of presentation mode  be partly due to using 10.6.8?

The absence of presentation mode is entirely due to using 10.6.8.

Presentation mode requires MacOS X 10.7 or above.

Sorry to hop on this, I am having the same issue, although I am running Mavericks and my account still shows that I DONT have a premium account. I paid in March. Probably this is something for accounting? I paid evernote directly and I issued a support ticket and no answer..  Ticket# 579611

• Level 5*

Annoyingly,  if Evernote don't think you have a premium account,  your support request gets lumped in with the rest of the non-premium users,  trailing behind the premium,  business and market users out there.  It can take a few working days to get a human response to your ticket.  I flagged this anyway for an Admin to have a look at...

• Ex Employees

Sorry to hop on this, I am having the same issue, although I am running Mavericks and my account still shows that I DONT have a premium account. I paid in March. Probably this is something for accounting? I paid evernote directly and I issued a support ticket and no answer..  Ticket# 579611

I've bumped your ticket. Sending in a receipt from this purchase will be necessary for moving forward with getting your account subscription corrected.

Archived