random words appear in note

Anyone ever have a random string of words appear in one of their notes?  This just happened to me.  Working on my computer tonight, I jumped into EN to make a note.  Later on I made one more note.  Then about 10 minutes ago I went back and looked at the first note, and there were some random words inserted into one of the paragraphs.  Specifically, this string of words:

to move soon. Hello hello hello hello hello hello hello and Moon are Loulou her and her. 

I definitely did not type that on accident, thinking I was typing in another application, or anything like that.  I have never typed those combinations of words in my life.  This is completely foreign.

Thankfully, it didn't do much harm.  I just deleted it.  But this just makes me worried that maybe my account might be hacked.  Or if it's some sort of a weird glitch, that it might happen again but be more serious in nature and actually cause data loss.

• Level 5*

What Evernote client are you talking about? Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web? You might consider opening a support request; this sounds pretty weird.

• Level 5
1.) My first reaction would be to change my Evernote password, just in case.

2.) The problem might be an innocent mistake. That group of words is similar to spam messages in forums that try to confuse the spam filter.  You didn't have to type it. For example, I could have copied a forum post with the words to myr cache and then pasted it into a note.  Or a similar scenario involving paste or Ctrl V.

3.) If I found a 2nd example, I would contact Evernote support.

What Evernote client are you talking about? Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web? You might consider opening a support request; this sounds pretty weird.

Sorry, it was the Mac client.

1.) My first reaction would be to change my Evernote password, just in case.

2.) The problem might be an innocent mistake. That group of words is similar to spam messages in forums that try to confuse the spam filter.  You didn't have to type it. For example, I could have copied a forum post with the words to myr cache and then pasted it into a note.  Or a similar scenario involving paste or Ctrl V.

3.) If I found a 2nd example, I would contact Evernote support.

1. Yeah, I went ahead and changed my password right after.

2. Doesn't sound likely in my case because I don't recall ever seeing those words much less copying them.  But hey who knows.

3. If it happens again, I'll definitely contact Evernote support.

Archived