Hello, 

Is there is a way to duplicate notes, without copying and pasting the content of the note into a new note?

Example:

I publish a small, local magazine. I am keeping all of my editorial in Evernote, until I am ready to compile to publish for a particular month. 

There are standard articles that I use for every issue, every month. Each of these articles has a specific header (title of the note) and a structured template with designer notes and footnotes. 

It would be quite helpful to be able to create a template notebook, and each month copy all of the standard article notes to that month's notebook so I have them all there ready to work on with their specific footnotes, etc. 

Right now I am utilizing the copy and paste method, but still have to re-type the note's title each time. 

I'm hoping that I am just missing an easy way to complete this task. If not, please add as an upcoming feature!

Hello,

Is there is a way to duplicate notes, without copying and pasting the content of the note into a new note?

Example:

I publish a small, local magazine. I am keeping all of my editorial in Evernote, until I am ready to compile to publish for a particular month.

There are standard articles that I use for every issue, every month. Each of these articles has a specific header (title of the note) and a structured template with designer notes and footnotes.

It would be quite helpful to be able to create a template notebook, and each month copy all of the standard article notes to that month's notebook so I have them all there ready to work on with their specific footnotes, etc.

Right now I am utilizing the copy and paste method, but still have to re-type the note's title each time.

I'm hoping that I am just missing an easy way to complete this task. If not, please add as an upcoming feature!

It's helpful to mention what client you're using, when asking for help. The Windows desktop client allows you to copy notes. I think the Mac client does as well.

Edit: sniped by Jeff ;-)

Ok, now I just feel silly. I'm assuming the "Copy to Notebook" feature is what you are talking about? <Insert head hanging in shame here>... Self-explanatory!

Thank you for your help. Just saying that the feature was there made me go look more thoroughly for it.  :huh:

• 2 months later...

Well, I'll bite...

I'm on the web app for Chrome and still have not found a 'duplicate note' function. A google search brought me here, but I must be extra obtuse today b/c I'm still not seeing where this can be done.

Would someone please 'draw me a picture' as my engineer husband likes to say? I have not found any option to 'copy to notebook' or anything else that results in a simple dup of my original note... unless I just copy & paste. Surely there's a more streamlined option?

Thank you! 

Hi Agalbraith, 

I did find the option. I'm a mac user, so I'm using the app, but I'd imagine it's pretty similar to the windows version. 

If I select the note I want copied, then right-click that note, there is an option for "Copy to Notebook", in which you can select the notebook you want your note copied to.

Finding this option has been such a time saver. I created a templates folder and made a shortcut to that folder. Anytime I need a note to follow the template, just select the Templates folder from my shortcuts, select the template, and then copy to that notebook. It copies the tags, subject, everything.

• Level 5*

I don't think the copy note function exists in the browser version (Chrome).  You can download the desktop version if you like and have it there, plus other features.

• 8 months later...

A somewhat ugly way to duplicate notes on the web platform is to share the note to yourself via the email function in the top right corner (you have a unique email address to your account).

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, please let me know if any of you find a solution to the duplication thing from the chrome (or other) web browser as I prefer not to use desktop applications. The sync errors, sync delays and the extra space that the application and the notes take up in my storage is annoying.

A somewhat ugly way to duplicate notes on the web platform is to share the note to yourself via the email function in the top right corner (you have a unique email address to your account).

Gnobbo, I've tried this and it's not accurate because the tags don't get copied with the new note, only the note is copied and it is stored in your default notebook instead of being in the same notebook that you had the original in. The best thing to do is either to perform duplications from an iOS device or from the desktop application.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread but maybe this is helpful to diagnose the problem.  I found that EverNote had made 35 extra copies of a note.  I began deleting the duplicates and after deleting more than 100 of them I counted the remaining duplicates and there were still dozens.  I deleted another 70 duplicates.  When I again counted how many remained there were still 35 extra copies.  Either they were being duplicated as I was "opening" the note to delete them, or something else was happening.  After this deleting session the green bar flashed about 150 times stating that note had been sent to the trash.  I did not count exactly how many times it flashed, but seemed to be once for each time I manually deleted.

Oddly, once on skype something caused hundreds of gifs to be downloaded to my husbands Mac and as we tried to manually delete them they duplicated again, and then again.  We had literally thousands of gifs-which caused other problems with idrive.

I still have 35 extra copies of said note.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2017 at 8:33 AM, Lyra said:

I realize this is an old thread but maybe this is helpful to diagnose the problem.  I found that EverNote had made 35 extra copies of a note.  I began deleting the duplicates and after deleting more than 100 of them I counted the remaining duplicates and there were still dozens.  I deleted another 70 duplicates.  When I again counted how many remained there were still 35 extra copies.  Either they were being duplicated as I was "opening" the note to delete them, or something else was happening.  After this deleting session the green bar flashed about 150 times stating that note had been sent to the trash.  I did not count exactly how many times it flashed, but seemed to be once for each time I manually deleted.

Oddly, once on skype something caused hundreds of gifs to be downloaded to my husbands Mac and as we tried to manually delete them they duplicated again, and then again.  We had literally thousands of gifs-which caused other problems with idrive.

I still have 35 extra copies of said note.

are you using web browser to use EN or evernote app??

i face note duplication problem as well...i use web browser(chrome)..

Archived