Evernote Notebook not showing up in List

I have about a dozen notes in a notebook that has gone missing.  The *notes* are still in EN, in fact I can find them when I do a search for a keyword in the notes.  However, the *notebook* is not showing up when I do a list of notebooks.  I see the same behavior on my EN ipad and EN on my smartphone (android).  It is not a shared notebook. It is - well, it was, back when I could see it - a "sub" notebook in a stack (ie. it was a "child").  It is not in the Trash. 

Any idea how to find a lost notebook?

• Level 5*

When you tap on a note to view it, what is the notebook that is claims to be in?

If the notebook is in a stack, is the stack closed in the notebook list (such that you cannot see the notebooks in it)? 

When I search for a note in this notebook, and when the notes list, and I click on "Info" on any of them, it states the correct notebook.  Problem is that notebook does not appear in the notebook list.  It is one of 3 others that are in this notebook stack.  The other show on the list, this one does not.  When I close the stack, and reopen it, it is still missing (although the other 2 do show in the list).

When I search for a note in this notebook, and when the notes list, and I click on "Info" on any of them, it states the correct notebook.  Problem is that notebook does not appear in the notebook list.  It is one of 3 others that are in this notebook stack.  The other show on the list, this one does not.  When I close the stack, and reopen it, it is still missing (although the other 2 do show in the list).

Sounds to me like the notebook is not in the stack you think it's in. I would suggest identifying & expanding all your stacks to see where the notebook is.

You, B&F, are a genius.  I had taken a look down through all my notebooks, and couldn't find the notebook in question.  But per your suggestion, went through them once again.  Opened and collapsed them the stacks.  I finally discovered there was a Notebook called "Notebook Stack".  It was in there, along with another notebook I hadn't yet noticed wasn't were it should be.  Removed them from this "Notebook Stack", and all is well again.

Thank you!

You, B&F, are a genius.  I had taken a look down through all my notebooks, and couldn't find the notebook in question.  But per your suggestion, went through them once again.  Opened and collapsed them the stacks.  I finally discovered there was a Notebook called "Notebook Stack".  It was in there, along with another notebook I hadn't yet noticed wasn't were it should be.  Removed them from this "Notebook Stack", and all is well again.

Thank you!

Glad you found it & you're welcome!

Archived