Orangizing Notebooks Within a Stack

Import Auto

I am having difficulty figuing out if I can organize notebooks within a stack. I created stacks for each month and have the notebooks for each day. As I was entering days for July, EN put the notebook for 7/10/14 between the ones for 7/1/14  and 7/2/14. I've tried dragging that notebook after 7/9/14 to no avail.

Is there anyway to move it so the dates are in consecutive order?

ENScreenshot.bmp

• Level 5

The notebook underneath the July 2014 stack named 7/9/14 needs to be changed to 7/09/14.

Dragging does not work because the notebooks are sorted in an alpha-numeric type sort.

However, in my opinion, you will eventually regret using this type of notebook structure.

The maximum number of notebooks and stacks is 250. There are many other reasons why this will cause problems.

I am having difficulty figuing out if I can organize notebooks within a stack. I created stacks for each month and have the notebooks for each day. As I was entering days for July, EN put the notebook for 7/10/14 between the ones for 7/1/14  and 7/2/14. I've tried dragging that notebook after 7/9/14 to no avail.

Is there anyway to move it so the dates are in consecutive order?

attachicon.gifENScreenshot.bmp

The notebooks are sorted alphabetically & in ascii, that's alphabetical.  11 falls between 1 & 2.  I don't know what you're trying to do, but it sounds overly complex.  And, Evernote limits you to 250 notebooks.  I would suggest you post what you're trying to do here so someone can offer an alternate solution, like maybe prefix note titles with the date in YYYYMMDD format.  Then you can sort the notes by title & they will automatically sort chronologically.  That's what  few of us do.

Thank you for the help, looks like we might need to find a better system of organizing.

This is a great forum. If you can clearly explain what your purpose is, you might get some great ideas. 

Archived