User Guide For Creating Notes Is Unnecessary

AND ITS DISGUSTING

WHY DONT YOU JUST MAKE IT ACCESS FOR NEW USERS!?

evernoteScreenClip.png

Not sure what you're talking about here. Any user of Evernote (free or premium, new or long time user) can create new notes, annotate images, drag & drop, checklists.

It's always helpful to mention what OS you're using.

When I installed the Evernote client on my laptop last year I did not even think about asking for a user guide. The best way to get to know Evernote is to just start using it, which is what I did. And when you get stuck there are 4 sources of information:

• this forum
  • the knowledge base
  • a support ticket
  • chat sessions (for Premium users only)

Between the first 3 sources I found my way around Evernote. There is 1 thing I can guarantee you: the way you will organise Evernote when you start out will change with time, be it 3, 6 or 12 months, whatever, but it will change because the better you get to know Evernote the more you learn about the many possibilities & the more you will want to change it to your taste & needs. And it is not by reading a book that you will find out all the intricacies. If you really want a book try the For Dummies series which has a book dedicated to Evernote.

And hey, keep smiling & forget your disgust :D :D :D.

AND ITS DISGUSTING

evernoteScreenClip.png

I believe that should only be shown on new installations of Evernote, though I don't think it distinguishes between a veteran user who is simply setting up a new system and a brand new user who is encountering Evernote for the first time.

If you are an existing user who did not just reinstall the Evernote client, you probably SHOULDN'T be seeing that. If you are, it may be due to a bug and may be worth reporting to Support,

AND ITS DISGUSTING

evernoteScreenClip.png

I believe that should only be shown on new installations of Evernote, though I don't think it distinguishes between a veteran user who is simply setting up a new system and a brand new user who is encountering Evernote for the first time.

If you are an existing user who did not just reinstall the Evernote client, you probably SHOULDN'T be seeing that. If you are, it may be due to a bug and may be worth reporting to Support,

But even if he is a brand new user that text on a new note is not disturbing, I don't understand why that is so disgusting.

Furthermore, there is nothing as instructive to get to know a new app as diving into it, trying it out, in this case creating new notes, notebooks, notestacks, etc. There are enough sources around to get info, there is no need for whining.

I suspect disgusting is a product of a language thing. 

But yes, I agree. I think these guides are essential (for new users, of course). The number of posts on these forums for seemingly very basic tasks in Evernote suggest that some elements of the service and application are, for some reason, not self-evident. 

The downside is that these guides get displayed any time you do a fresh install. But really, is that such a big deal? It's a bit frustrating to have to click a few X's to clear these little guides but, who is so pressed for time (especially during a fresh install which inevitably takes a fair bit of time, perhaps coupled with a fresh OS install which is no swift task either...) that they can't click a few boxes? 

Archived