"Edit Title" Missing in Clipper, Means Double the Data Use Per Note

Suzannah

The new clipper, in addition to being WAY too tiny of a font for my reasonably young eyes, doesnt allow you to edit the title, unlike the old one. This leads to doubling my data use.

Just editing the title of something means a second uploading it to Evernote. Now I have to use double the data for each note. I am terrified of clipping images or larger files, because I know that I am in effect going to be doubling my usage if I dare to give them an accurate title other than the page name of the URL, which is the title that Evernote picks for me.

Not to mention, it is highly unproductive to have to touch the item twice, first clipping it, then opening evernote and re-titling it. I feel like my data usage limit should more accurately be described as 500mb. Not 1gb.

Suzannah,

You are NOT doubling your data by editing the title or the body of any note.  Once it has been uploaded, it's there.  Any changes made to it are added, removed, etc, however, it does not reload your images or Note and double the data.

So, no fear there.  However, I do agree with the need to edit a title when clipping.  It is frustrating and time consuming to open Evernote to just edit a title.  I like being able to direct the clip to the desired Notebook as well as adding the tags.  That is excellent and great for the workflow.

But you are not doubling your upload data when editing a Note.

Not being able to set the title at clipping-time is indeed a real productivity killer. What is the reasoning behind this, Evernote? 

Is this a bug report or a feature request? Not really sure, but please enable title edits again.

Archived