Change the look of Evernote for Android

why look of Idevice is different then android. I like the look of iphone app but I hate iphone. android app should also look like that. evernote should keep in mind android users because it runs on 90% devices. I am expecting some change in UI of Evernote on next update.

why look of Idevice is different then android. I like the look of iphone app but I hate iphone. android app should also look like that. evernote should keep in mind android users because it runs on 90% devices. I am expecting some change in UI of Evernote on next update.

Different platforms have different capabilities and usually a different "look and feel". Apps written for one platform will generally not look exactly the same on another platform. For example, Word for Windows looks a bit different than Word for Mac. In the case of Evernote, it's also important to realize that each platform has its own development team, working independently. While they strive for parity of features, they each work on their own timeline.

It might be helpful to the Evernote employees who read this if you describe exactly what changes you'd like to see, rather than the rather general notion that you want the Android app to look like the iPhone app. It's unlikely that they will ever look precisely the same, though.

• 1 month later...

Yes, but a choice of the "start screen" would be good (on all devices).

The default Android screen is cluttered .. which is a shame as obviously it's smaller than on Windows. I always want to open Evernote (on all devices) so that it just shows Notebooks in the left hand pane.

I don't want the four very large icons at the top (add note, camera, voice, add reminder) - these could be put on the green menu bar ... its largely empty and thus wastes space.

I don't need the four options : Notes, Notebooks, Tags, Places - All my notes are organised into Stacks, then Notebooks - so I navigate through this hierarchy, by *always* selecting the Notebooks option.   Hence an "always open in ????? view" would be a great addition to the setup options.

• Level 5*

The new interface 5.9.1 has a number of UI changes. There is no "open in <blab> view", as far as I can tell. On the other hand, the notebook selector is just a swipe away (or a tap away on tablets). The add note, voice, reminder buttons are now on a popup menu from a '+' in the lower right-hand corner.

Archived