Scanner Pro (iOS) and Evernote

I bought Scanner Pro (iOS) base on this Evernote Pick: http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/05/31/evernote-pick-scannerpro/.  It says :

"Use your iPhone or iPad to quickly scan documents, business cards, or receipts with Scanner Pro, then automatically send PDFs to Evernote via wifi."

I also upgrade to Premium so that I can search the PDFs.

To my great disappointment, Scanner Pro cannot automatically send PDFs to Evernote.  It can only automatically send Images (JPEG) to Evernote.  Yes, you can manually send PDFs to Evernote.  But that is not what I bought into.

Next, even if I manually send the PDFs to Evernote.  I cannot search the documents, receipts.  I tried both the PDFs and JPEG.  All cannot be searched.  Contacted the support.  In email conversation with them for past two weeks.  No solution.  I thought it can help me save time by going paperless.  Spend more time troubleshooting with no solution.

Am I the only one using Scanner Pro with Evernote Premium?  This pair just didn't work?

• Level 5*

OK I get that Scanner Pro can produce PDF files,  and the supporting website describes how you can upload your documents as PDFs - I don't get the difference between "automatically" and "manually" when it comes to sending the PDF to Evernote.  What exactly were you expecting to happen?

I'm also not sure what we or Evernote can do about anything here - Readdle have their own website and G+ and Facebook pages where you might get more feedback more quickly...

I have selected "auto upload" and select Evernote.  All the uploads ended in Evernote are in JPEG.  I have tweeted Readdle and they confirm that it is images (JPEG) for Evernote auto upload.

I tried auto upload to Dropbox.  It is in PDFs.

Scott, do you mind sharing how you use Scanner Pro with Evernote?  If you manually upload to Evernote, why do you use manually instead automatically?  Is your Scanner Pro PDFs searchable by Evernote?

My Scanner Pro PDFs or JPEGs cannot be searched by Evernote?  In fact, I find the images taken by Evernote iOS apps can be searched better by Evernote.  That really defeat the purpose for me to upgrade to Evernote Premium.

If I want jpegs, I use Evernote document camera. That's probably 75% of my scanning.

I use scanner pro for PDFs and manually upload. I manually upload because sometimes I scan something that doesn't go in Evernote.

Now that I've looked into it, it appears that these PDFs aren't searchable, even though I am premium. The note info for these notes says that the PDF is not indexed, which would explain why it isn't searchable. Why this is the case, I'm not sure.

• 8 months later...
On Readdle's main product page for Scanner Pro (https://readdle.com/products/scannerpro5) they claim that "Scanner Pro can automatically upload PDFs to Dropbox or Evernote."

After unsucessfully trying to do it I contacted their support. The reply was: "Let me kindly inform you that the current version of Scanner Pro allows to auto-upload to Evernote as JPEG only."

Simply frustrating wasting time and money due to false claims.

Archived