Continuous Syncing Adding Up Data Usage

Sentinel

Idea

Mac OSX 109.9.3

EN 5.5.1 Direct

Support Ticket# 586391

I have submitted a Ticket on this issue, however, I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing the same or has ever experienced same.

When I opened my Mac EN Client today, it started it's normal Sync as always when opening the client.  It finished the sync then continued to start another sync, then another, then another.  While it was syncing, it was multiplying the Note Count as well as using up the Data Upload.

The interesting thing about it, it is NOT duplicating any of my Notes.  It is simply multiplying my Note count from 900+ files to over 9000 files.  It has used over 2 gb of Upload Data as well.  I have not added any new Notes to my account.

I did a total un-install using MacKeeper, cleaning the computer well.  I re-installed the EN Client from the EN Website and it continued to add to the Note Count and continued it's Syncing Cycles.

I will post Support's Findings here when they get back with me.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, do you recall the fix?  Thanks!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Mac OSX 109.9.3

EN 5.5.1 Direct

Support Ticket# 586391

I have submitted a Ticket on this issue, however, I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing the same or has ever experienced same.

When I opened my Mac EN Client today, it started it's normal Sync as always when opening the client.  It finished the sync then continued to start another sync, then another, then another.  While it was syncing, it was multiplying the Note Count as well as using up the Data Upload.

The interesting thing about it, it is NOT duplicating any of my Notes.  It is simply multiplying my Note count from 900+ files to over 9000 files.  It has used over 2 gb of Upload Data as well.  I have not added any new Notes to my account.

I did a total un-install using MacKeeper, cleaning the computer well.  I re-installed the EN Client from the EN Website and it continued to add to the Note Count and continued it's Syncing Cycles.

I will post Support's Findings here when they get back with me.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, do you recall the fix?  Thanks!

I'll take a look at my web count. I somehow blew through my monthly quota in just a few days without (to my memory) adding any significant new data. This might explain what I am seeing.

Mackeeper? I've always considered it malware and kept a safe distance from it...

@GM

What would you suggest other than MacKeeper?  I have found it to work well for me.

I noticed two days ago that I had an unusual amount of data upload used that I had not done myself.  I didn't think much of it until today.  I do suggest looking at your Note Count as well as the Data Upload amount.

UPDATE:

I looked more closely to my Notebooks in the Web Interface.  It appears the server IS duplicating my Notes into one Notebook entitle Accounts.  I do not recall having this Notebook before.  It appears the server created this Notebook and is duplicating ALL of my Notes into this Notebook...several times now..about 9 times.

• Level 5*

UPDATE:

I looked more closely to my Notebooks in the Web Interface.  It appears the server IS duplicating my Notes into one Notebook entitle Accounts.  I do not recall having this Notebook before.  It appears the server created this Notebook and is duplicating ALL of my Notes into this Notebook...several times now..about 9 times.

Thanks for reporting. I am not seeing this in my case. I have a vague memory of seeing something like this before on the forums, but Support would know what to do, so please report back to us about their solution.

Archived