"Hiding" notes from 3rd party apps

AmirM

I'm looking for some ideas for a more secure/discrete way of keeping some of my notes.

I have a premium account and I use EN on daily basis to keep almost anything.

I also linked some other apps and web based services to EN to enhance it.

While EN has some level of security with the phone password or 2-step verification, these other services don't, and once I allow them access to my database anyone that can gain access to them can see all my notes.

Some of my notes contain  a more discrete and personal information that I want to be less accessible to these apps/services. It's not any nuclear launch codes or anything like that, so I'm not looking for any hi-tech encryption – Just another simple layer of protection that will enable me to keep working and searching all of my notes as usual within EN, but will require some extra steps for other apps.

I thought of using a second EN account and sharing notebooks between my accounts, but I'm not sure if this is the right solution.

I'll appreciate some ideas...

Thanks

• Level 5*

I'm looking for some ideas for a more secure/discrete way of keeping some of my notes.

I have a premium account and I use EN on daily basis to keep almost anything.

I also linked some other apps and web based services to EN to enhance it.

While EN has some level of security with the phone password or 2-step verification, these other services don't, and once I allow them access to my database anyone that can gain access to them can see all my notes.

Some of my notes contain  a more discrete and personal information that I want to be less accessible to these apps/services. It's not any nuclear launch codes or anything like that, so I'm not looking for any hi-tech encryption – Just another simple layer of protection that will enable me to keep working and searching all of my notes as usual within EN, but will require some extra steps for other apps.

I thought of using a second EN account and sharing notebooks between my accounts, but I'm not sure if this is the right solution.

I'll appreciate some ideas...

Thanks

Hi. I have exactly the same problem, and that is why I never let any other third-party apps link with my primary Evernote account. If we had an encrypted notebook, I could do it, and it would solve a lot of my problems. but we don't... So, I keep everything in the two accounts completely separate (not even sharing notebooks). It is easy on the desktop, because with a premium account you can add one free account and change back and forth between them. On mobile, you have to log in and out, but it is usually not a big deal for me.

• Level 5*

FYI this is the exact reason that Evernote is introducing App Notebooks.  Of course, once they're released, third-party app developers will need to revise their apps to take advantage of them; but I at least wanted to mention that Evernote is aware of this situation and is implementing an answer for it.

• Level 5*

FYI this is the exact reason that Evernote is introducing App Notebooks.  Of course, once they're released, third-party app developers will need to revise their apps to take advantage of them; but I at least wanted to mention that Evernote is aware of this situation and is implementing an answer for it.

Thanks for pointing that out! This is a great improvement to the service, and one that I had completely overlooked. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks, this looks great! Looking forward…

Archived