Help with TSW on the Android app?

Hello EN Community!

I'm reading about The Secret Weapon to GTD. It sounds great to filter by tag on the desktop version of EN (Windows), but this doesn't work so well on mobile apps, specifically the Android app.

It takes way too many taps to filter with "when" and "where" tags.

I've seen some workarounds to this (creating a notebook for "where" instead of a tag) but do you guys have any other suggestions/ways to mold TSW to work better with the Android App?

Thanks!

At some point, instead of asking, do. At first you may have a bunch of saved searches, but you may find over time, that you won't need many of them. OR just add searches to the shortcuts bar as you use them. Also, if you are just searching for one tag, then you can just go through the tags part of Android to bring up those notes. 

At some point, instead of asking, do. At first you may have a bunch of saved searches, but you may find over time, that you won't need many of them. OR just add searches to the shortcuts bar as you use them. Also, if you are just searching for one tag, then you can just go through the tags part of Android to bring up those notes. 

Yep, I am definitely experimenting. I'm just asking for additional guidance. 

How many is "a bunch" of saved searches? If you have 5 "When" tags, 8 "What" tags, 4 "Where" tags, and 4 "Who" tags, creating saved searches for each of these will create way too many. Not to mention the many combinations of "When", "Where", and "What" together.

I think I didn't explain clearly, but there really is no need of saved searches anytime you are just searching for one tag. It that is what you want go through the tag menu for the same result and pretty minimal steps. If you organize your GTD tags into one group of tags, then you can name that group 1GTD and quickly get to them. 

For more complex searches then you'll need to experiment. 

One thought I have is making a note of searches you want to use and having that be your shortcut, you could organize it in some way that makes sense to you (alphabetically, geographically, task) and then copy and paste search items from it to the search box. 

Also, let me encourage you to take a look at Daniel Gold's GTD book. That's what i used and it helped me a bunch. 

Archived