In "All Notes" view can I filter just MY notes and exclude notes from joined NBs?

freyja313

I have seven personal notebooks and joined four public notebooks. When I click on "Notes" in the left panel it shows all the notes from all 11 notebooks. Can I filter this view so that it only shows my personal notes and excludes notes from the joined NBs? I know I can click on my individual NBs and see just the notes in that NB, but I'd like to be able to see ALL my notes in one view as well without the joined NB content. From poking around other threads it sounds like this is possible in the Mac client:

2. If your note list is showing All My Notes (select from the view menu at the top right of the note list), you should only see your own tags (no tags from joined notebooks)

I don't see a view menu at the top right of the note list in the Win client. Is this not possible in Win or am I just not seeing where/how to do it?  :huh:

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I have seven personal notebooks and joined four public notebooks. When I click on "Notes" in the left panel it shows all the notes from all 11 notebooks. Can I filter this view so that it only shows my personal notes and excludes notes from the joined NBs? I know I can click on my individual NBs and see just the notes in that NB, but I'd like to be able to see ALL my notes in one view as well without the joined NB content. From poking around other threads it sounds like this is possible in the Mac client:

2. If your note list is showing All My Notes (select from the view menu at the top right of the note list), you should only see your own tags (no tags from joined notebooks)

I don't see a view menu at the top right of the note list in the Win client. Is this not possible in Win or am I just not seeing where/how to do it?  :huh:

Thanks!

Have you tried putting your personal notebooks in a stack and then searching that stack?

The stack should work - I'll just have to try to get into the habit of remembering to click on it rather than "Notes". (Or I can just remove "Notes" from the left panel view...)

I'm on Public 5.4.0.3698 and it only shows "Export Notes" and "Remove from sidebar" when I right click on Notes. I guess the option is in the works!

Thank you both for the replies!

• Level 5*

The stack should work - I'll just have to try to get into the habit of remembering to click on it rather than "Notes". (Or I can just remove "Notes" from the left panel view...)

I'm on Public 5.4.0.3698 and it only shows "Export Notes" and "Remove from sidebar" when I right click on Notes. I guess the option is in the works!

I didn't right click -- when you are in All Notes view, you should see that bit at the top of your notes list that says All Notebooks. You can change that to say All My Notes :)

The option is in the public release & has been for a while.

I didn't right click -- when you are in All Notes view, you should see that bit at the top of your notes list that says All Notebooks. You can change that to say All My Notes :)

Okay, I see what you're talking about now! My brain interpreted your arrow as pointing to the context menu that comes up when you right click. 

I do not have that option showing up when I click on All Notes:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s37/sh/c60ddfce-3283-470a-8869-c1f7ce9031f1/d1b827b0e5f6fc1aa19836f0d3f1a4df

Okay, I see what you're talking about now! My brain interpreted your arrow as pointing to the context menu that comes up when you right click. 

I do not have that option showing up when I click on All Notes:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s37/sh/c60ddfce-3283-470a-8869-c1f7ce9031f1/d1b827b0e5f6fc1aa19836f0d3f1a4df

You have to use the drop down box Chirmer pointed out in his screen cap. I see it on your screen cap, so it's there.

You have to use the drop down box Chirmer pointed out in his screen cap. I see it on your screen cap, so it's there.

Are you talking about the beige bar that says "Viewing 3425 notes..."?

If so, that does not appear for me nor can I figure out how to make it appear. 

I updated my image to show a side by side of what I see and what chirmer's image shows:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s37/sh/c60ddfce-3283-470a-8869-c1f7ce9031f1/d1b827b0e5f6fc1aa19836f0d3f1a4df

Am I blind, crazy, or is it really not there to be seen?!

Thanks!

Editing...

HOLY MOLY! Nevermind.

I *finally* found it. If anyone else comes across this problem (?!), on the menu bar click on View and make sure "Show Search Explanation" is checked or just use Ctrl+F10 to toggle on and off. 

I know what they mean by "Show Search Explanation" for regular searches but that's not at all what I would think I would need to enable to allow me to filter for just my notes.  :blink:

Thanks for all the help! 

Archived