What happens when I downgrade from business to Premium?

When you leave a Business you will loose access to all Business data, i.e any Business notebooks you have. You will first downgrade to FREE and then you need to upgrade to PREMIUM after that. 

All notes that reside in a personal notebooks will be left untouched. 

• 7 months later...

Hello EN forum community,

After using ENB to run my enterprise for nearly a year - I have decided that I really don't need the additional features/admin layer it offers. I essentially operate as a one-man-band and collaborate/work in association with others as and when needed (and not always with other (willing) EN users unfortunately. Therefore I am planning to change my account from Business to Premium. I am the account administrator and have my own account as it were including personal and business notebooks/notes (some shared some not etc). I have scoured this forum and elsewhere for information regarding this move, however, I still have some questions that remain either unanswered or considerations that remain unclear. I have listed them below and any comments would be most welcome and thankfully received.

Prior to account change:

1. To retain my business notebooks and notes after changing subscription - I believe I need to copy and save all of my business notebooks/notes in my individual EN account in newly created personal notebooks - is this correct?

2. Do I need to convert business notes not currently in a business (or personal) notebook to personal notes?

3. I have personal and business tags (all created in my individual account). What happens to tags when I change subscription?

Changing account:

4. To change my account from Business to Premium - I understand that the process involves me 'de-activating' my current business account. This will then change the account status to 'Free' and then I upgrade to 'Premium'.

- Does this happen immediately? i.e. the Business account becomes a Premium account as soon as I 'sign up' to Premium again or does this happen at the end of the billing period?

Finally, any other glaringly obvious omissions or considerations?

Thank you in advance for any support you are able to offer. 

Danny

ps I use Time Machine as my system backup which will be up to date prior to making the change. 

1. That is correct. You lose access to Business notebooks once you do not have a Business any more. You will retain all data in Personal notebooks.

2. How do you have notes that are in neither a Business or Personal notebook? The technical design is such that all notes are in a notebook, of one type or the other.

3. Not sure, so I'll leave this to someone else to answer.

4. You will still have Business service through the end of your current payment period - e.g. if you paid for a year of Business Premium on 6/1/2014, you'll have it until 6/1/2015, even if you cancel your EB subscription. You will then have to pay for Premium after you are downgraded to Free on 6/1/2015. If you want to be immediately downgraded instead of waiting to the end of your current payment period, you'll need to contact Customer Support. 

Many thanks for useful comments Nancy.

re 2. of course - the notes I was referring to were those siting in my .Inbox (tagged but not 'filed' in an actionable or library notebook if that makes sense! :-)

Thanks again for reply,

Danny

Your .Inbox is actually technically implemented as a notebook. Go to the Notebook tab in your Mac or Windows client, and then apply the filter up top in the upper right hand corner. If your .Inbox is still visible when you apply the "My Notebooks" filter, then it is a personal notebook. If it's still visible when you apply the "Business Notebooks" filter then it is a business notebook.

Thank you for follow up comment Nancy. Interesting to know about the personal and business notebook options for .Inbox. After some consideration and reviewing my needs and variety of EN options - I've decided to stay with my ENB account albeit with an overhaul and reorganisation of my core approach.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Danny

Archived