computre language support

Dhimant

Idea

Hi all,

I am new to EN & to mac. I am using it from last 3-4 weeks and so far happy with its features and overall product. However, I am badly missing computer language support such as notepad++ has. 

I am wondering if EN has this feauture or planning to implement in near future releases. I am not a regular coder but I keep solving problems on text edit tools. I was very happy with notepad++ in windows, however, I do like other features of EN and would be very happy if EN has this feature.

Thanks,

Dhimant 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote don't share their plans in advance but with constant developments in all areas the editor is probably due for an update.  While you wait for that,  don;t forget that you can either use N++ for drafting and copy/ paste the output into a note,  and/ or you can attach the N++ file to a note.  As long as you work on a machine with N++ installed,  you will be able to open the file and edit and re-save it as necessary.

• Level 5*

Notepad++ is a pure text source code editor, expressly designed for the purpose.

Evernote is a rich-text markup editor, not designed for editing source code. That's probably beyond its scope for the foreseeable future, I'd guess.

Archived