copy files / take backup / open somewhere else

Dhimant

Idea

Hi all,

I am new to EN & to mac. I am using it from last 3-4 weeks and so far very happy with its features and overall product. 

I created few files and wanted to copy them / save them at other location / send them via mail. However, I am not sure if its possible in EN. I searched few forum and got to know the location where EN stores its data. However, we dont have direct files present over there. Can you please reply if its possible and if yes how. According to me, this is very important feature because I need to do this on regular basis. 

Thanks, 

Dhimant

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If,  when you say you "created a few files",  you mean a few notes,  then have a look for the 'share' option for that note.  One choice should be to email the note to someone.  I suggest you send a note to yourself first though so you can see whether the layout is as you require.  It's possible to edit and forward that email to your other contact if you wish to make changes.  Don't forget that you can also simply share a notebook,  even if it only has one note in it!  Your contact will be able to see the note in a browser,  or 'join' the shared notebook to download the note to another location.

Okay. This is kind of work around but this will help. Thanks :)

What exactly I am looking for is something like text files  / text notes created on my hard disk. So, that if I want to copy it somewhere or want to copy to my pen drive and want to open in someone else's machine (may be window, may be without internet connection - where I cannot open my mail). It will also help in the scenario where, I want to write just 1 email in which I want to attach multiple notes from different notebook. 

I hope you getting my point. Let me know. Thanks, 

Okay. This is kind of work around but this will help. Thanks :)

What exactly I am looking for is something like text files  / text notes created on my hard disk. So, that if I want to copy it somewhere or want to copy to my pen drive and want to open in someone else's machine (may be window, may be without internet connection - where I cannot open my mail). It will also help in the scenario where, I want to write just 1 email in which I want to attach multiple notes from different notebook. 

I hope you getting my point. Let me know. Thanks, 

Well, one of the basic functions of Evernote is being able get to your Notes from anywhere.  So, if you create an account, you can get to your Notes on the Web from anywhere there is an internet connection.

If you also download the Evernote client to a laptop, tablet, iPhone, iPad, etc, then you can have access to your Notes on your devices as well.  When on your desktop or laptop, you can have your Notes downloaded to the Evernote client and have your Notes while Offline as well.

To me, this is what you seem to be talking about.

Hi Sentinel,

I am not at all talking about this. Lets say, I created a note (e.g. testNote). Now, I want to open this note on windows laptop without internet connection. Do we have any way to copy this note (testNote) in pendrive and open it in windows? (Note that: windows machine is not my personal machine, may be its friend's machine, where I am not sure which all prorgrams are installed) 

Dhimant

Hi Sentinel,

I am not at all talking about this. Lets say, I created a note (e.g. testNote). Now, I want to open this note on windows laptop without internet connection. Do we have any way to copy this note (testNote) in pendrive and open it in windows? (Note that: windows machine is not my personal machine, may be its friend's machine, where I am not sure which all prorgrams are installed) 

Dhimant

The only way to access notes in Evernote w/o an internet connection is to either use the Mac or Windows desktop client OR have a premium account with your notes in offline notebooks on a mobile device.  In both cases, you would have needed to sync while you have an internet connection to make sure you have the latest versions of the notes that reside on the EN servers.

Hi Sentinel,

Dhimant

I think I know what you are getting at now.

In order to use EN with pen drive, you will need to Export your Note as .enex file to the thumb drive. (You could use any thumb drive, sdhc card, external hard drive, etc.)

Put the thumb drive in the Windows machine and Import the .enex file into the EN Client on that machine.  Evernote needs to be installed on whatever computer you want to import to.

When you Import a .enex file into an EN Client application, EN creates a Notebook that is entitled: Import & "Name of .enex File".  The Note will be inside that Notebook.

That is a lot of Exporting and Importing, but I guess it can be done.  That is circumventing the ease in using the EN Severs, but it would work okay.

Archived