Tree notes in common notebooks, disadvantages ordering information evernote

Accumulation of information without struture - is chaos. Evernote does not offer quality tools for organizing large amounts of information (I spent a lot of time studying it functional). If, at least, the tree labels remained in his notebooks general could be considered seriously.

For now it is a good transshipment point to my main repository of information.

• Level 5*

Hi - the differences and benefits of a folder structure vs notebooks, tags and searches have been discussed at length.  Evernote seem to believe that their current implementation is the best option and show no signs of considering a change.

Hi - the differences and benefits of a folder structure vs notebooks, tags and searches have been discussed at length.  Evernote seem to believe that their current implementation is the best option and show no signs of considering a change.

You correctly noticed it +. I just do not like that they confuse people pointing to Evernote as a place of storage. This functionality is not possible.

• Level 5*

Well,  I have over 17,000 notes and 12GB of storage and others have got to 60,000+  It seems to be possible to use Evernote in that way if it suits your workflow.

Well,  I have over 17,000 notes and 12GB of storage and others have got to 60,000+  It seems to be possible to use Evernote in that way if it suits your workflow.

If you use the information solely for the personal process - admitting it's possible. But the scenario involving the transmission of information (or part thereof) or more complex version - collaborative editing, difficult to implement. As the personal information base is rarely completely isolated (often have to share part of it) - evernote here does not look very strong (to export, import I analyzed). Chaos from strangers labels (after export) does not give an opportunity to learn the material quickly. To explore alien information faster is still needed separate structure (content).

• Level 5*

If you have a look at the educational uses of Evernote you'll find classes and schools using the app to collaborate and share,  and I use the premium version to help me run a small business - and there's the business product for larger scale activities (Lindsey C Holmes is the Evernote Ambassador for small business).

You're completely entitled to your opinion of course,  and it's duly noted.  I do not plan on starting the folders vs tags argument all over again.  Just saying there's more than one view here.

If you have a look at the educational uses of Evernote you'll find classes and schools using the app to collaborate and share,  and I use the premium version to help me run a small business - and there's the business product for larger scale activities (Lindsey C Holmes is the Evernote Ambassador for small business).

You're completely entitled to your opinion of course,  and it's duly noted.  I do not plan on starting the folders vs tags argument all over again.  Just saying there's more than one view here.

I am very grateful to you for answers. Evernote is definitely an interesting product. Maybe you tell me whether it is possible in the premium or business versions of notebooks mapping tree labels in common notebooks (I could not find a clear answer at the moment)?

• Level 5*

Part of the previous discussions I mentioned was an explanation that tags can be 'stacked' in a tree structure to any level.  Tag labels can't be duplicated so you can't have

car

insurance

petrol

house

insurance

electric

but you could have -

car

insurance-car

petrol

house

insurance-house

electric

I'm not sure what you mean by "mapping tree labels in common notebooks" but I hope that helps..  Tags can replace a folder structure,  and can be set up to mirror an existing one - and that applies to both free and premium accounts (I don't think its possible to stack tags in Business yet).

Thank you for your suggestion -  "car:  insurance-car,  petrol ; house:   insurance-house,  electric" - is an ingenious solution I know. By "mapping tree labels in common notebooks" - I mean that the labels of alien notebook in my list of labels will show a flat list. And I need a tree labels in my evernote was the same as the owner of the general notebook. - That's the question.) 

you're sorry - I do not know much English.
  • Level 5*

No problem - you're doing well so far.  If you mean that  tags from shared notebooks are confusing,  then I have to agree - Evernote does need to improve tag management especially when sharing notebooks with others.  It's something which will improve with time,  but it's your decision whether the current situation fits your needs.

Archived