Powerpoint - can view inline on Macbook Air but not Macbook Pro

Lazaracus

Idea

I have a large collection of Powerpoint files that I need to be able to view inline. Strangely, they display inline on my Macbook Air but not my Pro. It seems unlikely to be because of the Air/Pro difference.

I have:

• Checked preferences on my Pro - set to display inline as default
  • Right-clicked on the attachment to get it to display inline - but there is no option to do so

Please help.

9 replies to this idea

Are you logged in to the same Evernote account on both Macs?

Yes.

I have found that double clicking on the upper left corner of the PPT file will open it, allowing you to click the Presentation Mode.

Clicking any where else on the file will do nothing.

Thank you. I am aware of this, but I want to display the files inline - not manually open each.

Did you ever get it to work?  I have the same problem except I'm on a MacBook Pro.  I currently have a ticket open on this, not sure if they will be able to overcome it or not.  It may be, in my case, that I do not have MS PowerPoint installed on my Mac.  I use Keynote and have several PP templates saved into Evernote that I use for backgrounds, etc.

It's a real pain to sift through 1500+ notes and click the preview button on each one.

Did you ever get it to work?  I have the same problem except I'm on a MacBook Pro.  I currently have a ticket open on this, not sure if they will be able to overcome it or not.  It may be, in my case, that I do not have MS PowerPoint installed on my Mac.  I use Keynote and have several PP templates saved into Evernote that I use for backgrounds, etc.

It's a real pain to sift through 1500+ notes and click the preview button on each one.

Support was great, and the fix was simple.

Backup whatever local notebooks you have, uninstall the App Store version of Evernote and install the version directly available from the Evernote website.

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/get.php?file=EvernoteMac

I have since found that it's probably more useful to convert the Powerpoint files to PDF for search functionality. Search does not recognise text in Powerpoint files.

Support was great, and the fix was simple.

Backup whatever local notebooks you have, uninstall the App Store version of Evernote and install the version directly available from the Evernote website.

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/get.php?file=EvernoteMac

I have since found that it's probably more useful to convert the Powerpoint files to PDF for search functionality. Search does not recognise text in Powerpoint files.

Thanks, this is what they told me to do and it worked, BUT it led to another problem...  It didn't erase/overwrite/use my existing library it just downloaded all of my files again and before it was done the Evernote Database on my computer was 60GB when my library is only 18GB.  They told me to erase it all; I used AppZapper to wipe it all out.  Then had me install the new Beta for Mac.  It is awesome!  I'm most impressed with how it much processor it uses during the initial sync; with the previous build, it used 35% and the Beta used 11%.  That difference meant my MacBook didn't sound like an F14 ready to take off.

Beta is here:  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/62259-evernote-for-mac-56-public-beta-1/

Archived