Need "manual" option for business card scanning

I have some business cards that simply won't scan with the iOS app, no matter the lighting, camera position, or background. It seems that a combination of broad horizontal and diagonal stripes on the card confuse the automated process that tries to find the card boundary.

I'd like a manual way to override that process, i.e. a way to select the four corner points of the card, so the app can still "de-skew" the image and the card appears consistant with all the other scanned cards. I don't even mind if I have to manually enter the contact info - having a consistant business card notebook is quite valuable to me.

Mike B4,

I don't know of a way to manually override the system, however, this link may help with "General Questions" on scanning business cards: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/34801-tip-tips-on-scanning-business-cards/

Trick:

Since you don't mind manually typing the information in, there is an easy trick to this.  Snap an image of the backside of a clean white business card and go from there.  You can manually enter the business card info from the card you are having difficulty with scanning.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Another tip is that the green manual capture button also works for these situations.  The card design may still thwart our recognition due to the color or fonts used on the card but I would definitely try the manual capture button first before resorting to the manual entry trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Trick:

Since you don't mind manually typing the information in, there is an easy trick to this.  Snap an image of the backside of a clean white business card and go from there.  You can manually enter the business card info from the card you are having difficulty with scanning.

I've taken advantage of this trick and now have a template card in my notes.  Out of curiosity, have you found a way to delete the blank image that accompanies these manually entered cards?

• 10 months later...

Archived