Search with Evernote Premium

2 features of a Premium account are:

• search within PDF attachments
  • annotate PDF attachments.

Are these features only applicable to synched notes? On local notes it does not seem to work, or am I missing something?

In regards to Searching within PDF attachments, that is only done on EN Servers.  So, it won't work on a Local Notebook.

As for annotating a PDF in a Note in a Local Notebook, it works for me. (Notice "Local" in the upper left corner)  It is done the same way as for a Note in a synchronized Notebook.  If it does not work for you, there may be something gone awry you need to look into.

• Level 5*

It also depends on whether your PDFs are actually searchable.  You can assist the search process by copying the content of the file (or a summary) into the body of the note as plain text,  purely to add all the keywords.  Once you find the correct note,  open the PDF to read the document.

OK thanks this clear. It seems the PDFs that I make with my copier/scanner, which uses a Twain driver, are "funny" type of PDFs. When I want to convert those to a Word doc for example, the app that doe sthe conversion can't read them. Anyway, that's my problem. Thank you both for your input.

Archived