Note disappeared. Not in Trash. Still on iPhone.

Hi all!

A very important note of mine disappeared today (I use the Mac OS X app).  It's not like the contents was cleared, the whole thing has vanished. I logged on to evernote.com and checked the Trash - not there.

I put my iPhone and iPad in airplane mode (to avoid syncing issues) and fired up Evernote.  The note is there!  But my Premium account has expired, so I can't access the note while the device is offline.

I'm afraid if I go online, Evernote will sync and delete the note.  I'd signup for Premium again, but I'd need to go online and could run into those syncing issues.

So my questions are:

1. Help! :-)

2. How can a note be deleted and skip the Trash?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

A very important note of mine disappeared today (I use the Mac OS X app).  It's not like the contents was cleared, the whole thing has vanished. I logged on to evernote.com and checked the Trash - not there.

I put my iPhone and iPad in airplane mode (to avoid syncing issues) and fired up Evernote.  The note is there!  But my Premium account has expired, so I can't access the note while the device is offline.

I'm afraid if I go online, Evernote will sync and delete the note.  I'd signup for Premium again, but I'd need to go online and could run into those syncing issues.

So my questions are:

1. Help! :-)

2. How can a note be deleted and skip the Trash?

Thanks in advance!

If you can't access the note from your phone when it's in airplane mode, then the note is not on you phone. Mobile devices retain only the header info and some notes that were recently viewed or created may remain in the cache.

Notes that are deleted always go into the trash.

If you had a recent backup of your Mac database that contained the note, you could pull it from there.

You could try submitting a support ticket. But if you don't have the note in a backup of your Mac database, I don't know if they will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Archived