Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
Gangun

android Page camera useful tip about page edges recognition

(sorry for my English)

First, I use EN often on the road, literally: in my car

I used to write notes on a little notebook (a paper notebook) and then I discovered Evernote.

• But, for fast notes or sketchs I have to use my (paper) notebook and then take a Page Camera pic
  • No, I don't use Moleskine: those sheets of paper have a 2 minutes life, it would be a waste of money
  • And, not being on a table or a flat surface, not having a uniform background behind my notebook, having to hold the (paper) notebook with a hand and taking the picture with the other one ...

... Page Camera often doesn't recognize my page edges.

I've find found out a solution that (almost) always works: I've traced a vertical line with a yellow highlighter between all the pages of my notebook: it's simple, fast and it simply works.

Page pictures

Cheers.  G

Ps: red and blue highlighters don't work, in my case

• Like 2

I don't understand what you mean when you say you trace a vertical line between pages.

Can you post a photo?

Edited original note with a link to pictures.

AND (just discovered) it even works if you draw a further horizontal line (always with yellow highlighter) just below the text: it's recognized as a edge and so you can hold your paper with your fingers.  :)

Great.

Well that is very interesting! Thanks for including the photo.