Recovering Previous Versions of a note

I created a lengthy note yesterday with information that I desperately need. I did not save the note yesterday. Later today (24 hrs later) I opened my ipad and the note was still up. I accidentally deleted it when I thought I was saving it. I was not a premium member at the time, but after reading the blog, I upgraded to a premium account. How do I access the backup from yesterday to get the information?

Someone please help.

Robert Tudisco

• Level 5*

Presumably (or hopefully), your note was synced to the Evernote cloud. You might try opening up the Evernote web client and looking in the trash notebook there and undeleting that.

I created a lengthy note yesterday with information that I desperately need. I did not save the note yesterday. Later today (24 hrs later) I opened my ipad and the note was still up. I accidentally deleted it when I thought I was saving it. I was not a premium member at the time, but after reading the blog, I upgraded to a premium account. How do I access the backup from yesterday to get the information?

Someone please help.

Robert Tudisco

IMO, it's crucial to save something you've worked on regardless if it's a Word document, Excel spreadsheet or anything.  It's especially crucial when using a mobile device b/c they tend to be more fallible than a desktop/laptop.  If you did not save (translate --> sync) the note from your iPad to the EN servers, then the EN note history will do you no good, since note history is done on the EN servers.  If you accidentally erased the note, iOS allows shake to undo.  If you actually deleted the note, as Jeff said, it should be in the Evernote trash.

Archived