Reminders do not sync correctly

Rense

I noticed that reminders do not always sync correctly between devices. Right now I'm using a windows pc and an Android tablet. When I create a note with a reminder on either device, it appears correctly on the other device, reminder included. When I mark a reminder as "complete" on the pc, the change also appears on the tablet.

However, when I mark a reminder as complete on the tablet and sync, the change does not appear on the pc. Replace "tablet" by "web interface", and the story's exactly the same, so the problem seems to be with syncing to my pc.

BUT: when I set the reminder back to incomplete on the tablet, that change is synced with the PC! So the problem seems to be specifically with syncing completion of reminders to my windows pc.

Any thoughts or advice, anybody?

By the way, maybe this issue is related to the reminder search issue that I and others reported months  ago, and which is still unresolved, while Evernote were busy building new features rather than fixing old features ?

• Level 5*

It sounds like you have some sort of sync problem on your Android device, since the web client (which comes direct from the Evernote servers isn't picking up the change). I'd report that to the support folks.

BTW, this problem doesn't appear to be related to your reminder search problem, since, as best I understand it, you reported that things were working fine on your Android device and the web client ("In the web interface and on my Android tablet these queries run fine.").

As for fixing vs adding features: I think that you'll find that every software shop of any size is always in a state of doing both at the same time.

Hi yes I've been experiencing this exact problem. It looks to me like the problem is with the Windows client as the same behaviour occurs when the reminder is marked as complete on either the Android version or Web version.

In fact, the Windows client seemed to have unchecked most of my reminders including 500 I kept in a completed task notebook.

• Level 5*

Hi yes I've been experiencing this exact problem. It looks to me like the problem is with the Windows client as the same behaviour occurs when the reminder is marked as complete on either the Android version or Web version.

In fact, the Windows client seemed to have unchecked most of my reminders including 500 I kept in a completed task notebook.

Support ticket I think...  (see below)

It sounds like you have some sort of sync problem on your Android device, since the web client (which comes direct from the Evernote servers isn't picking up the change). I'd report that to the support folks.

BTW, this problem doesn't appear to be related to your reminder search problem, since, as best I understand it, you reported that things were working fine on your Android device and the web client ("In the web interface and on my Android tablet these queries run fine."

Maybe I wasn't clear, but it seems to me that it is my PC that is not picking up some of the changes (specifically: completion of reminders) while my Android device and the web client sync nicely.

Anyway, I submitted a support ticket; let's see what comes out.

• Level 5*

Maybe I wasn't clear, but it seems to me that it is my PC that is not picking up some of the changes (specifically: completion of reminders) while my Android device and the web client sync nicely.

Anyway, I submitted a support ticket; let's see what comes out.

Hmmm, I *did* misread that; you're right -- looks like a problem with syncing these types of changes to your PC. I'd suggest that you keep on the support folks for this one; syncing is one of the features of Evernote that *must* be rock-solid.
  • Level 5*

I am experiencing this problem. Do you have a reference to the support ticket that was raised?

I'd suggest you raise your own ticket - quote this thread's URL for background if you need to..

• Level 5*

In addition, the completion of a reminder does not sync across my two windows machines.  It does however sync to the iDevices.  Too much work with the tools available to see if date changes are syncing or not.  But completion definitely is not.  

Filed a ticket.  How long have reminders been available?.   :huh:

I am experiencing this problem. Do you have a reference to the support ticket that was raised?

I'd suggest you raise your own ticket - quote this thread's URL for background if you need to..

I've raised a ticket as you suggested. Thanks.

Also got a reply from support:

(Evernote Support)

Jun 17 15:26

Thank you for getting back with me on this issue.

Today a new version of Evernote for Windows has been pushed out that should resolve the issue that you have been experiencing.

I believe that reinstalling Evernote for Windows Desktop may address this issue. Please do the following:

• In Evernote, choose File > Exit
  • Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (in Windows XP, this may be "Add/Remove Programs")
  • Uninstall Evernote
  • Restart your computer
  • Download the current version of Evernote here:http://www.evernote.com/about/download/get.php?file=Win
  • Install as an Administrator, with Internet Explorer and Outlook (if present) closed during the installation process.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Regards,

I also received the same old 'uninstall and reinstall' message. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem.

They then said they would escalate the problem and then I got a reply saying 'there is a bug causing this. We hope to have it resolved in an upcoming release. I do not have an estimate as to when that might be...'

Its a bit frustrating really as I had tried to embrace the reminders feature with reminders for a whole range of things associated with various notes. Having them all become 'incomplete', repeatedly, has just ruined that work flow.

This and the pitiful android search issues does help me sympathise with those who say 'just fix the bugs before adding new features'.

• Level 5*

I think reminders are syncing for me now in the new public release.  Completions weren't syncing before and now they do.  Though I haven't checked in depth this week....

Last night I uninstalled windows client using Revo uninstaller to remove every trace from my computer. Then reinstalled and it seems to have worked. The completed reminders show as completed!

Archived