Transfer notes to local notebook?

I started using Evernote Premium at my company about 6 months ago.  At the time there was some concern from management about data security, however they allowed me to continue using it.  I started out with all my notes being stored on Evernote's servers, however in order to completely calm Managment's fears I would like to transfer all the notes to local notebooks.  Is there an easy way to do this?

• Level 5*

Yes, very easy.  You don't mention which OS you are using, but assuming Windows, you would first create a new Notebook and select Local notebook under type.  After the notebook is created select all of the notes that you want to move to the local notebook and then you will be presented with a dialog with a Move to notebook option.  Select the new local notebook and you are done. 

I do this as well.  All work related notes are in local notebooks, everything else is in synchronized notebooks. 

• Level 5*

If using Windows, the entire database (local and sync'd notebooks) is stored on your HDD in one .exb file. The location of this file is found in the folder shown in Tools > Options > Evernote local files

Evernote does not support network drives.  Here is an old post about that but I don't think the situation has changed.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/13452-evernote-local-files-on-network-drive/#entry64335

• Level 5*

You can share notebook contents with others,  but this is contingent on the notebook being synced to the central server.  There's no way to share a 'local' notebook which is exactly what it says on the can - 'local' to your single hard drive.

Archived