Exporting business card on Mac crashes EN

renalt130

Idea

I have Scansnap EE primarily for business card scanning reasons. Right now I have the problem that ones the business cards sit in EN, and I try to export a selected one to "Contacts", EN crashes. All the time, every time.

Then I tried installing on my home Mac, and here it runs without problems. I can post the stack dump of some sort here if that helps?

Need help here. I tried uninstalling the whole thing, but this is an expedition on itself. I haven't figured out yet how to completely remove EN, including the notebooks that are locally stored. If I trash EN and re-install, all notebooks are magically there without syncing, so something must still hang around locally after trashing. This is a secondary problem though as long as I can get problem nr 1 fixed.

thank you

5 replies to this idea

It seems to me there may be something that has gone awry with your Evernote on the Macbook.  If you agree with that, you have a couple options available to you.

1.  Contact Support and put in a Ticket for some help.

And/Or

2.  Do an Uninstall/Reinstall of Evernote on your Macbook

Information on how to complete Option 2 is as follows: 

The Evernote database on a Mac is hidden, if you will.  Mac thing, not EN thing.

Sync with Evernote's server on the work Macbook first, to ensure you have all your Notes on the server.  If you have any Local Notebooks on the Macbook, you need to save those as well.  The simplest way to do that is to Export those notes as .enex files to a folder somewhere on your Macbook for temporary holding.

You can find your Evernote database on the Macbook by clicking on the "Go" menu in the top menu of your desktop screen.  While clicking on the Go menu, hold down the Option Button on your keyboard.  You will be able to see the word Library in the drop down menu.  Click on Library.

Navigate Library>Application Support>Evernote.  Inside the Evernote Folder is your EN Database. (Make a copy of this entire Evernote Folder just in case, and place it somewhere on your Macbook for temporary safe keeping.)

Your next step would be to uninstall Evernote from your Macbook.

After uninstalling Evernote from your Macbook, if there are any files remaining in this Evernote Folder, delete those items. (You can actually delete the Evernote folder).  The reinstall will put a folder back there.

Reinstall Evernote from Evernote's website, not from the App Store.

I hope this information helps and fixes your problem.

Unfortunately, no luck.

I get the following "dump".

I replaced the persons name with XYZ.

This seems linkedin related? On my home Mac where the ScanSnap EE is used, I did activate the "rich context" for the biz cards, which means it pulls information from Linkedin. On the work mac, as I do not have the scanner installed, this linkedin option is not offered.

Anyone of any help still?

Thanks,

rene

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Process:         Evernote [5436]
Path:            /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/MacOS/Evernote
Identifier:      com.evernote.Evernote
Version:         5.5.1 (402628)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [154]
Responsible:     Evernote [5436]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-06-02 18:01:55.714 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  AF7D50ED-EE3C-B545-1DF2-E8857AD2BE09

Sleep/Wake UUID: 896FB111-9973-4DDB-B84D-001B7086B5D2

Crashed Thread:  2  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.high-priority

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[ABRecord setValue: '{
*  LinkedIn  {
    serviceName = LinkedIn;
    username = "XYZ";
}  49A2C8BD-DB42-4A44-8ABE-EE23C81B6FBB
}' forKey: 'SocialProfile] invalid value'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Archived