Notes imported from springpad. Not all embedded images show in the notebook list

Imported my recipes from Springpad. All have an image in the same part of the Springpad recipe template.

Once imported to EverNote only a few show these in the notebook summary page and the EverNote Food summary page - the same ones in both.

Any ideas as to why and what to do to fix this?

• Level 5*

This import function is very new so we don't have any specific experience.  If it didn't work properly I'd suggest raising a support ticket with Evernote (see below),  and maybe going through the process again - but beware multiple note duplications!  If you do try the service again,  there should be an option to download another HTML package for use with other note-taking applications.  You might also want to download that,  since it will have the illustrations you may be missing..

When you find a cure for this please let us know - I imagine there would be some interest from other former Springpad users.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am understanding correctly, the problem is that the "wrong" photo is displaying, but that the photo is in the note. It just doesn't show when you are in the view of all the notes in a notebook.

See this discussion for how Evernote decides what photo to display: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/18482-choosing-a-thumbnail/?p=92184#entry92184

I think that means that Evernote may be operating properly or "as expected."

This does mean that you can go in and resize the image you want to display to meet the criteria. 

• Level 5*

Good catch, Candid. Yep; the takeaway is that the user doesn't have control over which image is used for a note thumbnail, except by hacking the image dimensions.

People, thanks for your contributions. I have received the following from Evernote Support, it explains the situation:

Springpad stored links to images you clipped off the web on their servers, not the images themselves. The notes you imported into Evernote will only contain text or local images you manually added to Springpad notes. Springpad no longer has support, but there is still a way to keep your pictures.

For websites with missing thumbnails, clip them again using Evernote web clipper. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, I also have just transferred from springpad and am having a similar problem. However I haven't clipped any images from the web, my images which won't display are photos that I'd attached from my phone's gallery (HTC one xl). Any suggestions as to how I can solve this?

Archived